Do you agree with the O's decision to recall Britton from Norfolk?

ChaosLex

Do you agree with the O's decision to recall Britton from Norfolk?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the O's decision to recall Britton from Norfolk?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think a team should abandon a plan they put all spring into making because of a single injury.

Ive wanted Britton to make the team, but the people who get paid to make these decisions made the decision to send him down. I dont think its wise to now reverse that. They're all over the map with this thing. I don't like that.

I can't wait to see britton, but the fact that it comes at the expense of a Matusz injury takes a lot of the excitement out of it.

circumstances dictate the change. With Matusz being out 3 to 6 weeks, ouch, you want the best pitcher in place as his replacement. It isn't Bergy. Sorry. On field, right now, trumps 2 starts to gain a year? No. Now we are looking at 5 starts against a tough opening schedule versus a year? Yes. The Orioles obviously want to win, now. Kudos.

I said yes.

I don't like it, but its a ballsy move and what else are they going to do? Hate to sound like a certain poster, but they want to put the best team on the field and I guess they've got to make up the production from their 1st or 2nd best pitcher (Matusz).

In a perfect world we leave Britton down there.

However with Matty on the DL we have no legit excuse to not bring up Britton now. How can we look Roberts or Markakis in the eyes and say our second best pitcher is hurt but we are going to go with Vandenhurk for three to six weeks because we dont want to pay big bucks to Britton seven years from now?

Lets just win.

In a perfect world we leave Britton down there.

However with Matty on the DL we have no legit excuse to not bring up Britton now. How can we look Roberts or Markakis in the eyes and say our second best pitcher is hurt but we are going to go with Vandenhurk for three to six weeks because we dont want to pay big bucks to Britton seven years from now?

Lets just win.

Well put.

Archived