Draft Scouting Reports

Which draft prospects would you like to read about?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Which draft prospects would you like to read about?

• Danny Hultzen, lhp, UVA (proj. Top 15 pick)
    • Jake Cave, lhp/of, Kecoughtan HS (Va.) (proj. Top 100 pick)
    • Derek Fisher, of, Cedar Crest HS (Penn.) (proj Top 75 pick)
    • Gerrit Cole, rhp, UCLA (proj Top 5 pick)
    • Anthony Rendon, 3b, (proj Top 5 pick)
    • Sonny Gray, rhp, Vanderbilt (proj Top 10 pick)
    • Derek "Bubba" Starling, of, Gardner-Edgerton HS (Kan.) (proj Top 10 pick)
    • Dylan Bundy, rhp, Owasso HS (Okla.) (proj Top 15 pick)
    • Francisco Lindor, ss, Montverde HS (Fla.) (proj Top 15 pick)
    • Other (Specify below)

As part of my periodic scouting pieces for the Hangout, I'm going to provide some Rule 4 Draft coverage. As I'm writing up all of these players in some capacity, I figured I'd I'd leave it up to the board as to what reports they'd like to see posted over here. So, feel free to vote for each player you'd like to see and I'll go with whatever the board thinks.

Thanks,

Nick

Voted for Hultzen, Cave, Fisher, Gray, Starling and Bundy. I assumed Rendon and Cole would be off the board by 1:4 and the likely picks of the poll options were Gray or Starling. Hultzen and Bundy are intriguing, and I would like to know about a few guys beyond the first round this year.

Voted for Hultzen, Cave, Fisher, Gray, Starling and Bundy. I assumed Rendon and Cole would be off the board by 1:4 and the likely picks of the poll options were Gray or Starling. Hultzen and Bundy are intriguing, and I would like to know about a few guys beyond the first round this year.

Would you prefer an in-depth piece on the guys past the 1st Round, or slightly less meat but covering more players (say "Five HS Arms to Consider in Rd 2" or "Five Catchers to Consider in Rd 3", etc.)?

I'd like them all too though I'll take what I can get and be grateful. I think there's no way Cole falls to us so slightly less interested (it just leaves me bitter). I think Rendon is pretty unlikely though I suppose I can imagine a scenario even if it takes a lot of squinting.

Any and all would be great, but here are some others I'd be specifically interested in reading:

Daniel Norris

Blake Swihart

Dylan Bundy

Andrew Susac

Taylor Guerrieri

Dillon Maples

Dillon Howard

But whatever doesn't make it to the OH I'll check out at DiamondScape. As far as the high profile guys, I think it'd be nice to get your opinion on Gray here, as I think he's a legitimate option for BAL at 1:4 and maybe hasn't gotten as much love in this forum as guys like Rendon/Cole/Starling/Jungmann.

Looking forward to it.

I don't know enough to vote, so I'd be happy to read any and all scouting reports that you deem worthy. With that said, I'll add that I'd like to see some scouting of Bubba Starling because most of what I have seen to this point has been hype or puff pieces. I'd like to see what scouts think.

I'd like to add Jungmann, Norris, Purke, Guerreiri and anyone who looks like they might be moving up in a big way.

Also, with guys outside of the first round I'd like a summary like you mentioned "5 guys to watch", "Sleepers", "Top 5 by round, "best overslot bets" etc.

Finally, it's too soon for this now, but I always enjoy when you compare who you think the O's will pick vs who you would pick. Perhaps we can see something like that later on for the first few rounds?

I don't post much but I am here every day and you are one of several posters I always check in on. Appreciate your work.

So far the vote seems to narrow in on the guys we're most likely to pick...Gray, Starling, Rendon and maybe Bundy. Given the rumors that we'd like a college starter, I think Jungmann has to be part of the conversation. What other college starters might fit the mold? I'm assuming Purke wouldn't, but that might be a false assumption.

So far the vote seems to narrow in on the guys we're most likely to pick...Gray, Starling, Rendon and maybe Bundy. Given the rumors that we'd like a college starter, I think Jungmann has to be part of the conversation. What other college starters might fit the mold? I'm assuming Purke wouldn't, but that might be a false assumption.

Jed Bradley, lhp, Georgia Tech

John Stilson, rhp, Texas A&M

Tyler Anderson, lhp, Oregon

Matt Barnes, rhp, UConn

Bradley definitely a top 5 option. Stilson solidifying 1st Rd status -- Top 10 probably a little high in general, but wouldn't be surprised to see individual teams with him listed up there. Ditto Barnes. Anderson could work into Top 10 by virtue of being a lefty, but again that is more likely for a few individual teams than it is as a consensus within the industry.

Archived