Tigers @ Orioles 4/7 - rubber game

nevadaO

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time Jim Hunter does that stupid laugh it reminds me of Ace Ventura.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D_K2Zj9UcCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You mean a AAAA starter.  Sometimes I think he thinks he’s smarter than everybody else, so he does things that no one else would do just to prove a point. I don’t actually think he wants to spend money on free agents. I think he likes the idea of trying to be the smartest man in the room. I think his attitude is going to change somewhat next off-season, After his many blunders at the trade deadline. 
    • I don’t think this is true. He’s had a lot of games as you described and there haven’t been these ten post reactions to said games. He’s going to hit. Would it be nice if he was producing this year like the other rookie Jacksons? Of course but no one (that I’ve seen) on this board is rooting against him or suggesting that he won’t be a high caliber major league hitter. His defense is another thing but he’s going to figure it out at the plate at the MLB level. You’re right though - his nice game should have garnered more attention, especially with the way the year has largely gone for him. I’m not sure what role he has in the postseason other than maybe as a pinch runner. Right now I don’t think I’m putting him ahead of any of the lefty bats on the roster. I guess he’s the only other ‘SS’ they have on the big club so he’s surely going to fill a spot but I can’t think that he plays ahead of anyone, including Rivera right now. It will be interesting to see how Hyde and Co. deploy Holliday come Tuesday. 
    • Per Roch, Selby is the call up today, with Davidson presumably DFA.   Guessing today’s pitching looks like:  - Suarez (2-3 IP)  - Webb (1 IP)  - Soto (1 IP)  - Dominguez (1 IP)  - Coulombe (1 IP)  - Selby (2 IP) Bowman fills in gaps as needed.
    • Holliday and Henderson is going to be an elite top 2 in the lineup.
    • He’s also replaced the leg kick with a toe tap. At least with two strikes I noticed. 
    • Last year, of 8 WC teams: - 5 went with 12 pitchers - 2 went with 11 pitchers - 1 went with 13 pitchers I expect the Orioles to go with 12 pitchers. Given how Detroit mixes and matches pitching, we need to have enough platoon options.   I do think there is value in having more pitchers, even if it’s just an extra guy for mop up duty that saves pen in blowout game 2 so we aren’t running on fumes in game 3. However, I think 14 position players and 12 pitchers is the right balance for the wild card series.
    • I don't think this is true.  He's struck out 3 times a few times and gone 0-4 several times and 10 posts haven't been made. I hope he has a nice view from the bench during the playoff series and gets an at bat here or there if we're up big or getting blown out.  I'd like to see him put in a lot of work this offseason and start 2025 on fire.
  • Popular Contributors