Not looking good for tonight...

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm projected to attend 0 games this year.
    • I thought to myself... what is the financial impact to David Banuelos for his 1 AB in MLB besides always being able to say he was a professional MLB baseball player which thru 4/17/24 there were 20,587 of...  He was earning $35,800 per year as a AAA player (breakdown of this is elsewhere but in season it is $1200 a week).  He earned approximately $4,568 for his 1 game.  But by being added to the 26 man, his AAA salary bumps to $60,300 in 2024.  Assuming he passes thru waivers and accepts back to Norfolk, and doesn't make it back to MLB this year... he will have earned an additional $28,800 (ish).   If he gets added to 26 man for a 2nd time and goes back down to AAA... he minimum AAA salary doubles to $120,600. I don't know how the offseason pay breaks down for AAA with MLB time so it could be more? So David had got a nice little MLB lotto scratch off winner this week with his 1 AB.  Not bad for what I have to believe was the third string AAA guy this year.
    • If Hays starts to hit, I could easily see him get 3-4 starts a week but as long a everyone is healthy and Cowser doesn’t crater, that’s probably about the best he can hope for. Ramon Urias is actually in a worse spot as the Holliday saga unfolds.  Westburg is a fixture at 3B and Mateo is first in line for the leftovers at 2B.
    • After the Pittsburgh series, the O's were 5-4 and I told my wife that besides the first 2 games, many of the players in the line-up haven't started hitting well, yet.  I said, "Just wait until all the players in the line-up wake up."  Well, they were wide awake for the next nine games.  Hopefully, this continues.
    • Yeah, they have a sneaky good rotation.
    • Is low babip really a lone indicator of bad luck? Shouldn’t it be accompanied by a high hard hit% if you want to claim bad luck?
    • It's all fun and games until: Jackson Holliday: .077/.040/.117 36 runs 9 RBI 9 H 9 BB 225 Ks (-) 3.6 rWAR Austin Hays: .136/.073/.210 18 Runs 18 RBI 27 H 27 BB 199 Ks (-) 9 rWAR
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now