The Go on the Record Thread

ccbird

Always wanted to do something like this and maybe it will take off. There always seems to be a good debate raging at the Hangout. This thread is for when a debate starts to rage and you feel strongly one way or the other on a subject to proverbially put your money where your mouth is. This is a thread that can be bumped to pound your chest a little bit or called out if you are wrong. Nothing over the top or harsh, but I think we'd all be lying if there were times where we didn't want to bump a thread to say I told you so. Try to find a good topic and a way to clearly define a side on which one can take. If you don't feel strongly about the topic don't go on the record.

First topic: Matt Wieters. I'll go on record that Wieters will put up a .750 OPS this year. I'm guessing they'll be more than enough people take the under.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Matt to succeed, but I have to take the under. I'm starting to lose some faith.

My bold prediction: Jeremy Guthrie is going to take the leap from very good pitcher to great pitcher. I'm saying he's going to have a sub-3.20 ERA this season. Something seems to have clicked with him.

Felix Pie will be the Orioles starting left fielder by mid-August. Nolan Reimold will be groomed to play 1B as a long term option.

Edit: Great thread idea by the way, and I'll take the under on Wieters. To be honest, I'll be shocked if he breaks a .710 or so. He simply looks lost at the plate.

I want Matt to succeed, but I have to take the under. I'm starting to lose some faith.

My bold prediction: Jeremy Guthrie is going to take the leap from very good pitcher to great pitcher. I'm saying he's going to have a sub-3.20 ERA this season. Something seems to have clicked with him.

I like Guthrie and have always liked Guthrie but sub 3.20 ERA would really suprise me. I do think we could see 3.50 with more strikeouts.

I'll take the under on Wieters. Somewhere around a .700 OPS.

Adam Jones will hit 20-25 homers but less than 75 RBI.

Arrieta will lead the staff in strikeouts.

Vlad will hit less than 20 homeruns.

I have Jones in the 20-25 HR range. Would probably go over on 75 RBIs though.

I think Guthrie will lead the staff in K's.

I could see Vlad below 20 Hrs. I think he'll get there but 25+ would suprise me.

Brad Bergesen will pitch well on Wednesday, and we'll take at least 2 out of 3 games from the Yankees in the Bronx (Bergy's game, plus at least one of the other two. Possibly even a sweep).

I'll say this, I like our chances in the Bergy/Hughes matchup better than Tillman/Burnett or Arrieta/Nova

Archived