The Go on the Record Thread

ccbird

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict Matt Wieters will change his name to Brad Ausmus. Also, his swing will be widely used by batting instructors because they will be able to point out his flaws without using slow motion.

Or the opposite of that.

Wieters will struggle for the first half of the season, but will turn it on after the All-Star break. His OPS will be over .765 at the end of the season.

The Orioles will win 85 games.

Jake Fox will not catch any games for the Orioles after the trade deadline.

Nick Markakis will be in the Gold Glove conversation, but will not win.

Guthrie will continue to defy his peripherals and pitch to a sub-3.75 ERA.

I predict that SG will not post in this thread but will still take credit for anything he says he ever said, whether there is proof or not....;):)

I also predict that Wieters will become what most thought he might be - i.e., Varitek with more pop

I predict (and this hurts) that Matusz will have a lost year struggling with injury, lack of command, and lack of velocity and will post less than 10 wins.

I predict that Mark Hendrickson will mercifully announce his retirement by the All Star Game (but SG will still maintain that he is a better candidate for the bullpen than Josh Rupe).

Great thread... one that should be stickied IMO. I used to put my "bold predictions" in my siggy but now that they're gone... :(

-Vlad and Lee should be traded for whatever we can get for them REGARDLESS OF WHERE WE ARE IN THE STANDINGS by July 31st. They are not part of our future.

-Wieters will only be a career .260 hitter and will never hit 20 homers in any single season.... and he will still make the HOF as one of the greatest defensive catchers and playcallers in the history of the game.

Great thread... one that should be stickied IMO. I used to put my "bold predictions" in my siggy but now that they're gone... :(

-Vlad and Lee should be traded for whatever we can get for them REGARDLESS OF WHERE WE ARE IN THE STANDINGS by July 31st. They are not part of our future.

-Wieters will only be a career .260 hitter and will never hit 20 homers in any single season.... and he will still make the HOF as one of the greatest defensive catchers and playcallers in the history of the game.

If this happens, you will indeed be able to say "I told ya so." NOBODY gets into the Hall based on defense.

People had such high hopes for Wieters at the plate and he's not delivering, so it's like now all that displaced hope is being directly transferred over to his defense/play-calling abilities.

you read through me like my neighbors' bedroom shades at night...

I believe.

Archived