The Go on the Record Thread

ccbird

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah...Brooks too really.

You didn't REALLY go there. Did you?

I won't even bother with a statistical analysis or empirical or like quotes from the man...

Ok.. ONE quote... "It's a pretty sure thing that the player's bat is what speaks loudest when it's contract time, but there are moments when the glove has the last word."

My predictions are

John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" will be played at each and every 7th inning stretch at Oriole Park

and

when I finally open my Buck Martinez bobble-head it will be broken like 3 out of the last 4 bobbles I have gotten.

I predict that SG will not post in this thread but will still take credit for anything he says he ever said, whether there is proof or not....;):)
I predict that Mark Hendrickson will mercifully announce his retirement by the All Star Game (but SG will still maintain that he is a better candidate for the bullpen than Josh Rupe).
I predict that whatever opinion I take on any subject, SG will disagree with me!

Three SG posts in a row! One thing that I have learned in this world is that stating an opinion unequivocally does not convert it to fact. :)

If this happens, you will indeed be able to say "I told ya so." NOBODY gets into the Hall based on defense.

Drungo's five or six no-names from the 30's who made the Hall on defense say hello also! And if SG would have posted here he'd have two more....;)

You didn't REALLY go there. Did you?

I won't even bother with a statistical analysis or empirical or like quotes from the man...

Ok.. ONE quote... "It's a pretty sure thing that the player's bat is what speaks loudest when it's contract time, but there are moments when the glove has the last word."

It wasn't supposed to be an insult that he got in with his defense.

My predictions are

John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" will be played at each and every 7th inning stretch at Oriole Park

and

when I finally open my Buck Martinez bobble-head it will be broken like 3 out of the last 4 bobbles I have gotten.

If I had one of those, I would break it myself.

at the all-star break, Zach Britton will be all the buzz with a 2.82 (ish) ERA and a 7-1 record or better...

Matusz will have a 5.00+ ERA and will only play about half the season

Tillman will be in AAA at the end of May for most of the season with a few call ups when we need help in the rotation for a week or so...

Wieters will hit about .285 with somewhere between 19 and 23 HRs...

B-Rob will have one of the best years of his career, or close to it, hitting 30 HRs and a batting average of about .320...

I will go on the record in saying that if Tillman doesn't rediscover his velocity he might as well pack it in. His plus pitch was the gas, while he was wild and sometimes erratic a power pitcher can get away with it. A erratic soft tosser is AAAA at best. IMO he needs to go back to the minors to rediscover hi gas.

Archived