The D from D Lee

Frobby

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really are clueless.

Ok, the worst first baseman may let a few more go by Lee. A FEW. If you have an average-ish first baseman, the difference isn't even noticed. End of the day, its relatively meaningless and its certainly not something to gush all over, like Gary Thorne does.

Again, people on this site praised Millar for this all the time and acted as if he was the only one who could do it.

Its not a difficult thing for a first baseman to accomplish.

You're not only clueless, but you have ZERO stats to back it up. It's pathetic how much you bash other people, yet you're going off a gut reaction and a rant over something you have nothing to support.

You're not only clueless, but you have ZERO stats to back it up. It's pathetic how much you bash other people, yet you're going off a gut reaction and a rant over something you have nothing to support.

I don't need a stat to back it up...I watch games and have a clue.

Even Frobby's stats showed very little difference and talked about best and worst.

If you truly think DLee has some unique ability in scooping balls, then I don't know what to say. Just mind boggling the lack of knowledge and intelligence there.

I don't need a stat to back it up...I watch games and have a clue.

Even Frobby's stats showed very little difference and talked about best and worst.

If you truly think DLee has some unique ability in scooping balls, then I don't know what to say. Just mind boggling the lack of knowledge and intelligence there.

You watch games. Lolololol. Funny. Other people say the same thing and you bash them for not having stats. Sorry you're clueless. Compared to what we had out there DLee is superb. Even compared to other first basemen in the league.

You watch games. Lolololol. Funny. Other people say the same thing and you bash them for not having stats. Sorry you're clueless. Compared to what we had out there DLee is superb. Even compared to other first basemen in the league.
The last really good fielding 1B that I remember was Raffy. Compared to the rest DLee looks terrific.

I am so sick and tired of hearing Gary Thorne talking about the scooping..i hope we don't have to hear it here too.

Remember when people raved about Millar scooping the ball?

EVERY FIRST BASEMAN can do it...in like every league.

Lee is a very good defensive first baseman but let's not act like scooping the ball is some incredibly difficult thing that most first baseman can't do.

Come on man you know they are looking for something.....ANYTHING to justify these disaster offseason signings and offensive ineptitude. Best way to do that is to change the conversation.

They just go back to the old reliable..."but but....he is GREAT on defense!!!"

Remember what they were all saying for the last 4 months "this offense is going to be lights out, we are going to score a TON of runs yadda yadda ya.." Lee and Vlad protecting the top of the lineup we HAVE to score a bunch of runs.

Now all of the sudden people are realizing we signed a bunch of over the hill guys with name/star power to appease the fanbase on the cheap, and they need a fall back plan of attack. Just like with Wieters they want to change the topic from offense to defense, and now all of the sudden want to act like THAT is goig to win us 90 games. A few nice throws from behind home plate and a few nice scoops and it is all better!

Needless to say O's kool aid drinkers fell for it hook line and sinker, like they always do.

Vlad and Lee are who they are. 35 plus year olds on their last legs who will we got cheap for a reason. The market dictates what a players value is, and it certainly did that with those two. Wake me up when we sign a legitimate bat under the age of 35 for longer than a one year deal.

For the record I hope both get smoking hot and end up with 25 and a 100. But that aint happening.

Never forget to throw that little * in there, "compared to what we had". Like that should mean one darn thing, it means nothing when they step on the field in 2011. Nothing. What matters is what we have compared to the OTHER TEAMS. You know the teams that we play every year.

Come on man you know they are looking for something.....ANYTHING to justify these disaster offseason signings and offensive ineptitude. Best way to do that is to change the conversation.

They just go back to the old reliable..."but but....he is GREAT on defense!!!"

Remember what they were all saying for the last 4 months "this offense is going to be lights out, we are going to score a TON of runs yadda yadda ya.." Lee and Vlad protecting the top of the lineup we HAVE to score a bunch of runs.

Now all of the sudden people are realizing we signed a bunch of over the hill guys with name/star power to appease the fanbase on the cheap, and they need a fall back plan of attack. Just like with Wieters they want to change the topic from offense to defense, and now all of the sudden want to act like THAT is goig to win us 90 games. A few nice throws from behind home plate and a few nice scoops and it is all better!

Needless to say O's kool aid drinkers fell for it hook line and sinker, like they always do.

Vlad and Lee are who they are. 35 plus year olds on their last legs who will we got cheap for a reason. The market dictates what a players value is, and it certainly did that with those two. Wake me up when we sign a legitimate bat under the age of 35 for longer than a one year deal.

For the record I hope both get smoking hot and end up with 25 and a 100. But that aint happening.

Never forget to throw that little * in there, "compared to what we had". Like that should mean one darn thing, it means nothing when they step on the field in 2011. Nothing. What matters is what we have compared to the OTHER TEAMS. You know the teams that we play every year.

This is a thread about Derrek Lee and defense. If you want to discuss offense start a new thread.

This is a thread about Derrek Lee and defense. If you want to discuss offense start a new thread.

Did you miss this quote I responded to? You wrote it but apparently forgot.

Any response to what I pointed out or would you like to deflect some more and try to change the subject?

Your posts are irrelevant. His defense is great. Ideally he hits as well. It's too damn early. Your inane post is just not only irrelevant to this thread but it's downright insulting for people that want to discuss his defense. Name a better defensive 1B we've had as of late?

Really nice pick by D Lee on Reynolds' throw tonight. Definitely not routine.

My beer league softball first baseman could have made that scoop in his sleep. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that was an awesome play. The thing with D Lee is that he makes nearly every play look so smooth and routine. It's very easy to take for granted (as some obviously are here), but I won't. You can't tell me that Luke Scott or (shudder) Ty Wigginton would make even half the plays that he does.

My beer league softball first baseman could have made that scoop in his sleep. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that was an awesome play. The thing with D Lee is that he makes nearly every play look so smooth and routine. It's very easy to take for granted (as some obviously are here), but I won't. You can't tell me that Luke Scott or (shudder) Ty Wigginton would make even half the plays that he does.

Those 2 players are also not first baseman by trade.

Sportsguy, I also find it hilarious that you bash everyone and their mother for not backing up their gut feelings with stats yet in this thread, when it isn't convenient for you to use stats, you use your gut. This entire thread you sound like OldFan. Has your account been hacked? You also seem to go into every thread you post in and be Debbie Downer. Have a little ice cream. Maybe that will put a smile on your face.

D Lee is a fantastic defensive 1bman. He's also a pretty good offensive 1bman who leads our team in OBP and might be coming out of his slump (yes, a slump that still leaves him #1 on the team in OBP!!). Is he a superstar? No. Is he the best defensive 1bman in the league? Probably not, but he's close. The man has won multiple gold gloves for a reason. With that in mind, he probably will save us in the neighborhood of 6-8 runs defensively this season. Sounds great to me!

Quityeryaknowin'

Archived