The D from D Lee

Frobby

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Roch:

Before leaving the interview room last night, Showalter wanted to make sure reporters noticed a great play made by first baseman Derrek Lee, who dug out another throw in the dirt. Teammates also marveled at Lee's ability to come up with the ball on a wet field. Brian Roberts said something to Showalter upon reaching the dugout.

Most first basemen would have no shot at that ball, but Lee's pretty special around the bag.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2011/04/about-last-night-5.html

SG may or may not be right, but there's absolutely no reason for him (or anyone else) to demean other posters intelligence and to personally attack people who are simply sharing their opinion. The way he's attacked other people in this thread undermines whatever useful perspective he may have and has taken what could have been an interesting and enjoyable discussion and turned it into a hate-fest.

SG may or may not be right, but there's absolutely no reason for him (or anyone else) to demean other posters intelligence and to personally attack people who are simply sharing their opinion. The way he's attacked other people in this thread undermines whatever useful perspective he may have and has taken what could have been an interesting and enjoyable discussion and turned it into a hate-fest.

Who have I attacked other than Lookitspuck, who deserves everything he gets?

Who have I attacked other than Lookitspuck, who deserves everything he gets?

I've been trying to bite my tongue for some time, but I have to say...If I never heard you say "deserves everything he gets" again, it would be too soon. No one deserves negativity on this board and I believe there is a rule to that effect. Furthermore, if someone DOES deserve some form of moderation, you are not the one who should be doing it. That's why we have moderators.

I'm not sure why you get more leeway than everyone else with personal attacks other than the fact that you have been doing it since the early to mid 90's.

I've been trying to bite my tongue for some time, but I have to say...If I never heard you say "deserves everything he gets" again, it would be too soon. No one deserves negativity on this board and I believe there is a rule to that effect. Furthermore, if someone DOES deserve some form of moderation, you are not the one who should be doing it. That's why we have moderators.

I'm not sure why you get more leeway than everyone else with personal attacks other than the fact that you have been doing it since the early to mid 90's.

I am not asking to be a mod, nor do I want to be one....but I also have no problem telling it like it is either.

That was another really nice scoop that I don't believe most 1B make. And hey, even the national broadcasters made a big deal of it.

I think, at least based on what we've seen so far, he's well above average in this regard.

That was another really nice scoop that I don't believe most 1B make. And hey, even the national broadcasters made a big deal of it.

I think, at least based on what we've seen so far, he's well above average in this regard.

Woo hoo !!! :)

The one tonight was tough. Defintely not one an average 1b picks with regularity. The short hops are the relatively easy ones. They are the ones average 1b catch. Anytime the ball is bouncing a good bit out in front of you they are the tough ones because you basically have no choice but to let the ball play you. You need to get low, have soft hands, and quick reactions. DLee has shown an abilty to pick these types of throws very well this year.

This is exactly how I feel. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that a large number of other lurkers feel the same way, but are simply too polite to say so.

Seriously, just give this guy the Gold Glove right now...he is an AMAZING defender! I don't care he's not hitting a lick right now, it'll come, it'll come. However, he has saved us I bet 6 errors on the season already just digging balls out of the dirt, which leads to less men on base which leads to less chance of runs scoring....awesome!

Archived