The GM Meetings are getting underway

Greg Pappas

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading what MacPhail said:

At the GM meetings, you get an opportunity to sit down face-to-face with teams and explore different approaches they may take and how they think that it may impact you. Between the GM meetings and conclusion of the winter meetings, I hope to see the consummation of several trades.

This leads me to think it isn't likely that any deals will be consummated by the Orioles at these meetiings, there will just be preliminary discussions.

This leads me to think it isn't likely that any deals will be consummated by the Orioles at these meetiings, there will just be preliminary discussions.

I don't think he means "during the time between the GM meetings and the winter meetings" I think he means that "at either the GM meetings or winter meetings" he "hopes to see the consummation of several trades".

Well this really got to me from ROCH:

Moving quickly to baseball, the GM meetings start today in Orlando. Andy MacPhail, executive vice president Mike Flanagan and director of baseball administration Scott Proefrock will represent the Orioles. There will be lots of trade talk because that’s how the Orioles will make the majority of changes to their roster. At least, they hope to use that method. They’ll need the other teams to cooperate.

Nobody should be surprised if Miguel Tejada is being fitted for a new uniform by the time the three executives return to Baltimore, though next month’s winter meetings will provide another opportunity to move the shortstop if a deal isn’t completed this week. But the odds of Tejada being with the Orioles on Opening Day are about the same as Barry Bonds getting an asterisk tattoo on his left bicep.

I feel as if we will see at least one trade by the end of this week and a complete dismantling by December 7th.

Well this really got to me from ROCH:

I feel as if we will see at least one trade by the end of this week and a complete dismantling by December 7th.

The insiders have indicated a strong possibility of Miggy being dealt this week, if I remember correctly. So, Roch's mention seems right in line with this.

DAVID HERNANDEZ TO THE CUBS FOR JAKE RENSHAW!!!!!!!!

Or something similar...

Are you serious!!!:002_ssuprised: I believe Hernandez is going to be ranked 11th on our prospect list??? Scout.com has him 12th and 7th as starters goes, Baseball Prospectus has in ranked 10th. . . and you want to trade him to the Cubs???

That is a dumb deal since Renshaw and Hernandez are at the same level.

I may be wrong, but I think he was making a bit of a joke. Both players have been mentioned by insiders as possibly being dealt/acquired in different deals that had nothing to do with each other and Rockbird was making a swap based on this... again, a bit tongue in cheek it seems. :D

I may be wrong, but I think he was making a bit of a joke. Both players have been mentioned by insiders as possibly being dealt/acquired in different deals that had nothing to do with each other and Rockbird was making a swap based on this... again, a bit tongue in cheek it seems. :D

That's very interesting!!!

Archived