Prospect Tracker Forum

Tony-OH

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I need to ask, why is no one really checking the prospect tracker forum? Maybe there's no value in what we're doing over there but I'm just shoicked at the lack of hits in the forum, especially since we have so many plus members who are interested in the minors.

Should we keep it doing it? Should we take it away from a plus feature and make it open to the public? I guess I just don't understand why so few people have checked it out this year despite the fact that Adam and I have been really keeping the thing updated often.

Help me out here. What are we doing wrong?

Do I find the tracker valuable? Absolutely. Have I been visiting it less this spring? Yes. I think it is because there are fewer prospects I'm excited about and it is still early in the season, so I don't feel there is yet enough data. Also, if I am able to check the minor league game summaries on a nightly basis there is less of a need for me to go over to the tracker to get caught up--but the tracker is a much easier way to see how the top prospects are performing than wading through milb.com.

Off the top of my head, I might find the tracker more interesting if a player's performance over time were presented in a graph form--but that would take a lot of work to think through and execute and might not, in the end, have that much utility. The tracker is still useful the way it is and I'm glad it is available.

I consider myself to be very "in the know" about the Orioles minor leagues. The reason I don't go into the Prospect Tracker forum is specifically due to the lack of discussion permitted. It's supposed to be a facts-based tracker of sorts, but honestly I'd rather hear opinions from other people over the facts.

For example, the Brandon Snyder Heating Up thread in this forum (the minors) is something I'd prefer to read in the prospect tracker forum.

I know that's not the purpose of the prospect tracker forum, but since you asked, that's why I hardly ever go in there.

I consider myself to be very "in the know" about the Orioles minor leagues. The reason I don't go into the Prospect Tracker forum is specifically due to the lack of discussion permitted. It's supposed to be a facts-based tracker of sorts, but honestly I'd rather hear opinions from other people over the facts.

For example, the Brandon Snyder Heating Up thread in this forum (the minors) is something I'd prefer to read in the prospect tracker forum.

I know that's not the purpose of the prospect tracker forum, but since you asked, that's why I hardly ever go in there.

Maybe if they put a discusion thread stickied to the top would help. People could ask about a prospect or put their opinion on players without cluttering up the tracker itself.

I love the tracker forum but I honestly haven't looked at it once this season yet. The reason is entirely our lack of prospects and not anything you guys are doing wrong. It's also early in the season and I typically don't start keeping up with the minors until mid-late May or so.

There is content in there you will not find elsewhere for free. Your opinion must be based off what you think is in there since you have never looked at it obviously.

Yeah, I always love when people say they can get the info for free elsewhere when they have not seen the content.

Archived