Guess what I just found out???

glorydays

Such a nice way to treat a fellow Orioles fan who only wants the Orioles to stop catering to out of town fans who treat hometown fans like trash.

I'm not the enemy here...

I'm with JTrea on this one (even though he questioned my fan-dom in another thread because I recognized that Andino was correctly called out at the plate the other day). The O's are in no position to be selling other teams' gear in our stadium. It's one thing if winning teams do it, it's something totally different if you're not a winning team. It's even worse when the winners are keeping you afloat.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with JTrea on this one (even though he questioned my fan-dom in another thread because I recognized that Andino was correctly called out at the plate the other day). The O's are in no position to be selling other teams' gear in our stadium. It's one thing if winning teams do it, it's something totally different if you're not a winning team. It's even worse when the winners are keeping you afloat.

The more I think about it, the more I don't care about it. My gut reaction is to hate it, but if it brings in revenue for the team I love, why fight it? I remember growing up and seeing other team's merchandise in the stadiums I've been to.

Once this team starts winning, it'll be a non-issue, guys.

The more I think about it, the more I don't care about it. My gut reaction is to hate it, but if it brings in revenue for the team I love, why fight it? I remember growing up and seeing other team's merchandise in the stadiums I've been to.

And bingo was his name, oh.

Such a nice way to treat a fellow Orioles fan who only wants the Orioles to stop catering to out of town fans who treat hometown fans like trash.

I'm not the enemy here ...

Yes, you are. Anyone that constantly manipulates and antagonizes other posters that speak the truth, lies right through their teeth, refuses to EVER acknowledge the slightest mistake on their own part, is the enemy. Wearing an orange and black hat and jersey doesn´t give one a pass on acting like a relatively decent person with even a trace of humility.

I think it would be hard to find someone who doesn't support Trea's opinion that Yankee/Sox stuff shouldn't be sold at Camden...

The problem is - Trea can't just say "It sucks that the O's sell Yankee junk at the stadium!.

He says "It sucks that the O's sell Yankee junk at Camden - the Red Sox and Yankkes don't do this!" And when you press him with the truth that these teams do the same thing - he says

"Well, I meant they don't sell it in Fenway Park." And when you prove that they do sell it in Fenway he says "I meant outside the park in the team store."

And after that someone sends an email to the team store who confirms they do sell other team's merchandise he will come up with another excuse or just ignore the post.

Trea just can't let his opinion be just that - it has to be backed with some misinformation, quotes taken out of context or (as my wife says) white lies.

And the reason why I made the phone call is because WE as fans should know the truth before half of us suffer from a heart attack for being upset at the O's for doing something that every other team does - whether it is right or not.

But it doesn't bring in revenue specifically for the Orioles, does it? Doesn't that all go to revenue sharing?

I'm not the enemy here...

Except you question people's fandom when they thought Andino was out on the slide of home, when he was clearly out. That's not being antagonistic or anything. :rolleyes:

Yes, you are. Anyone that constantly manipulates and antagonizes other posters that speak the truth, lies right through their teeth, refuses to EVER acknowledge the slightest mistake on their own part, is the enemy. Wearing an orange and black hat and jersey doesn´t give one a pass on acting like a relatively decent person with even a trace of humility.

This sums him up perfectly.

Lets cut him some slack. He loves the O's and hates the Sux and Skanks also notice the bolded portion of the quote. "Yes, we do carry other teams apparel and hats. Although I have to tell you that this is rather recent and we carry the other teams because we are the manufacturer of some of the major brands sold for sports apparel (Twin's Enterprise/ '47Brand) ... but yes, we do carry other MLB teams (some Yankee apparel) and even other sports (Celtics, Bruins)." So maybe when he was there, they only were carrying Sux gear. Also, as I stated earlier, in the Royals store in Kauffman, the only sell Royals gear.

Lets cut him some slack. He loves the O's and hates the Sux and Skanks also notice the bolded portion of the quote. "Yes, we do carry other teams apparel and hats. Although I have to tell you that this is rather recent and we carry the other teams because we are the manufacturer of some of the major brands sold for sports apparel (Twin's Enterprise/ '47Brand) ... but yes, we do carry other MLB teams (some Yankee apparel) and even other sports (Celtics, Bruins)." So maybe when he was there, they only were carrying Sux gear. Also, as I stated earlier, in the Royals store in Kauffman, the only sell Royals gear.

Sorry Big Al... Just called the Royals team store at Kaufmann and she said they do sell visiting team gear.

Archived