Machado doing what he needs to do to get a promotion?

Gurgi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I would like to see him move up, I want to see how he responds to going through the league a couple of times.

Yes, but at what point do pitchers stop going after him and start pitching around him because he has been clearly crushing single A pitching? If he continues his dominance over single A pitching throughout the month of May then he should have a place on Frederick.

Yes, but at what point do pitchers stop going after him and start pitching around him because he has been clearly crushing single A pitching? If he continues his dominance over single A pitching throughout the month of May then he should have a place on Frederick.

+1, Sounds like the right course of action

A few days ago, I posted that he's doing pretty well in Delmarva... but wasn't completely blowing up either. Over those last few days, he has moved to the "blowing up" category. I'd like him play another month or so in the Sally league, but it's going to be really hard to keep him there for much longer if the stats continue to pile up. It's not like we have a shortage of SSs anyways.... we can simply slide Schoop over and Delmarva will keep on truckin.

He is comparing favorably with Bryce Harper. He has higher average and OBP, 5 points lower OPS, one less homer, same RBIs, more runs, more walks and fewer K's.

Bryce Harper HAG RF 22 73 15 24 7 0 6 20 49 12 20 4 2 .424 .671 .329 1.095

Manuel Machado DEL SS 22 83 19 28 6 2 5 20 53 17 12 3 1 .451 .639 .337 1.090

I'm starting to wonder if I might possibly see him in Norfolk in 2012 at some point though. If he moves up to Frederick and does well enough to move to Bowie to start 2012, it's not impossible that he's in Norfolk before that season ends.

I hope Machado stays at Delmarva for at least May. I'm going to a Shorebirds game in May and was hoping to see him play.

I watched him play yesterday. He is really something you just need to see in person. Stayed after the game to sign auto for kids even when they turned off the lights for the fireworks.

Doesn't really matter to me when or if they promote him to Frederick. Obviously, Frederick is the normal next step. However, in the big picture I see Machado starting next year in Bowie, whether he stays in Delmarva and puts up a monster season, assuming he does, or whether he plays the any part of the season at Frederick this year and does well, assuming he does. Bottom line, I don't think it's imperative for him to be promoted to Frederick this year.

It is if he isn't being challenged at Delmarva....Why keep him down and not have him learning more?

Archived