Mark Reynolds vs. Garrett Atkins

Bradysburns

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I have Sports Guy wrapped up in knots when he starts making disparaging remarks about soccer in a thread about baseball. With you it's obscure Italian theater references.
You should check out tha Dotorre charcter in commedia, you'd be a natural. I've played him myself, but I couldn't holds a candle to you.

dottore_Pesto1.jpg

You should check out tha Dotorre charcter in commedia, you'd be a natural. I've played him myself, but I couldn't holds a candle to you.

I don't even know if this is an insult. I do know that Drungo has presented fact after fact in this thread, while El Gordo has provided a whole lot of nothing but clearly inaccurate statements and misguided snark.

I don't even know if this is an insult. I do know that Drungo has presented fact after fact in this thread, while El Gordo has provided a whole lot of nothing but clearly inaccurate statements and misguided snark.

It's funny in a way. I've disagreed with Drungo on multiple topics today, but haven't felt the least bit slighted even once. Go figure.

Of course, he's been terribly wrong, so that makes it easier. ;)

El Gordo- "You should check out tha Dotorre charcter in commedia, you'd be a natural. I've played him myself"

Wow really? You've played Dotorre. Honestly who gives a hoot.

In my limited experiance on the OH DrungoHazewood is one of the most logical and rational posters here. What you are trying to accomplish in this thread is beyond me.

Is this a surprising set of events to you?

I appreciate the sentiments of those coming to my defense, but I don't take sniping with Gordo seriously. Like I said, when he stoops to whipping out crazy theater references that only he has any clue about I figure I'm doing ok.

You need to spend more time on Commedia Hangout. Over there, when El Gordo is losing an argument, he calls the other poster "Cesar Izturis" and they have no idea what he's talking about.

You need to spend more time on Commedia Hangout. Over there, when El Gordo is losing an argument, he calls the other poster "Cesar Izturis" and they have no idea what he's talking about.

Oh man..this made me bust out laughing. Can't give you any more rep, yet.

Anyway, regression will see Reynolds safely back to a solid OPS by the end of the season. My real problem is that his OPS will be overrated because it's mostly power. I'm not excited about a .250/.320/.460 season from a 3B, even if it includes 35 homers. I'd bet that's around league average production. I'm even less excited about a .230/.300/.430 season, which is probably my back-of-the-napkin 10th percentile projection for him.

Anyway, regression will see Reynolds safely back to a solid OPS by the end of the season. My real problem is that his OPS will be overrated because it's mostly power. I'm not excited about a .250/.320/.460 season from a 3B, even if it includes 35 homers. I'd bet that's around league average production. I'm even less excited about a .230/.300/.430 season, which is probably my back-of-the-napkin 10th percentile projection for him.
Wow, and I thought I was funny. League average in 2010 for a 3B was .261 .315 .414 .729. I'd be happy for the .780 OPS and 35 HR.

Archived