Machado injured?

tywright

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anytime it's a knee, there's swelling and an MRI, it's serious.

***assuming all of the above is factual, of course.

This was exactly my thought. This would happen to us: we finally get a phenom SS prospect who is tearing it up then he blows out his knee. This stinks!

I hate to be a pessimist, but I can't remember a non-contact knee injury like this NOT being something very serious.

I saw a kid have his kneecap flip to the side and right back in while runnign bases. Crazy painful, swelling but didn't require surgery.

I saw a kid have his kneecap flip to the side and right back in while runnign bases. Crazy painful, swelling but didn't require surgery.

I assume that required some rehab though, no? Usually something like that happens because of a muscle imbalance that then has to be corrected.

Also: gross.

I assume that required some rehab though, no? Usually something like that happens because of a muscle imbalance that then has to be corrected.

Also: gross.

Oh, yeah. 6 weeks physical therapy and he was in a brace for a while before and during. It was indeed muscle imballance and also some structural issues with how his kneecap lined up with his femur.

Along similar lines, I have chronic patella-femoral pain that was highly exasperated by my years of catching and infield. My issue is also structural in the knee. I did a round of physical therapy two years ago because I was getting a lot of pain after basketball and football games. after runnign me through some tests the PT was laughing because he said he wasn't sure how to strengthen my legs any more than they already were -- but we ran through some targeted exercises which ended up helping some.

Archived