New Law Mock Draft V4

Physically, I think Drabek could be a solid comp for Bundy. Gray is shorter than both, though very strong. Bundy has a deeper arsenal than Gray. Comparable fastball velocity, with Bundy bumping higher this spring but far less tested as to how it holds up over the long haul. Gray's curve is easily the second best pitch between the two of them. I still have concerns over the number of innings Bundy threw last spring/summer (it showed in the summer), but provided his medicals checked-out I'd have no issue drafting him or Gray at 4th overall.

I think that while Bundy is highly developed for a HSer, there is a little more risk his stuff slips as he transitions to throwing on less rest. I'd rank Gray ahead, but it's incredibly close and I don't think there is really a bad choice.

Very good... thank you very much. :)

Nick, of Gray, Bradley, Bauer, Bundy, and Meyer who do you think will be major league ready by the spring for 2014 considering that none of them sign before August this year?

How would you compare them to Matusz?

I think Matusz was more ML ready out of college than any of the listed players. I assume "Bradley" is Jed, and not Archie? They could all (including Bundy) potentially be ready by early 2014. I'd say the college kids could potentially by up sometime in 2013 if things break right -- maybe place them in order of "readiness" as Gray, Bauer, Bradley, Meyer?

I think Matusz was more ML ready out of college than any of the listed players. I assume "Bradley" is Jed, and not Archie? They could all (including Bundy) potentially be ready by early 2014. I'd say the college kids could potentially by up sometime in 2013 if things break right -- maybe place them in order of "readiness" as Gray, Bauer, Bradley, Meyer?

Thanks. Great insight.

Bradley gave up six runs in six innings against UNC on Saturday...I think Keith Law is right, the Orioles are probably not as interested as they once were - and that's not just based on this one game

Then what is it based on?

Bradley has every bit the ceiling that Hultzen does and more. Hulten gave up 5 runs in his first inning of his last outing. It happens. But if guys like Bauer and Meyer are in the mix, then Bradley should be too.

Archived