Nick, how would you currently rank the top college arms as of Mid-May?

Good point. We have to remember that right now we should have zero expectations of Dylan Bundy signing before the deadline or making his full-season debut before the spring of 2012. A highschool pitcher making his full-season debut is more likely to start in Single-A, and he would have to start in Single-A Advanced to have a realistic shot at Double-A. Either that or he cruises through 3 levels in one year. If you ask me, that would be rushing him, and possibily overloading his arm with innings - maybe Detroit could make it happen :)

It'll just depend on who drafts him. I could see the following scenario:

2012 - LoA/HiA

2013 - AA (maybe AAA)

2014 - AAA/ML

Of course, he'd need to stay healthy and his stuff would have to be maintained despite heavier workload on shorter rest.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for Dylan to catch up with Bobby at Bowie would mean he would reach Bowie in 2012 because barring any major setbacks, Bobby will be at Bowie next year and Norfolk/Baltimore in 2013.

Except for Dylan to catch up with Bobby at Bowie would mean he would reach Bowie in 2012 because barring any major setbacks, Bobby will be at Bowie next year and Norfolk/Baltimore in 2013.

His stuff, if it sticks, could start him at HiA. I have been a huge fan of Bobby since draft day and haven't wavered. That said, I'm not assuming he doesn't start 2013 back in AA, either.

So then do you disagree with starting Taillon in the SAL? Cause I know you like him more than Bundy.

I don't disagree with it, but I also think Taillon could have started in HiA for sure. Honestly, I think the stuff plays at AA, but that's too much for a teenager to tackle in his 1st pro season, I think.

Archived