Baseball America now ranks Dylan Bundy over Gerrit Cole

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still time for it to flip flop again, only reason cole's dropped is he's struggled a bit of late.

There is never going to be a cut and dry consensus on 1-5, 10 different publications will give you 10 different answers on the top 5 order this year. You see that in the Mocking the Mocks thread, I think you are 7 or 8 in before you see the Orioles pick being duplicated.

Would love to see the Bundy brothers make up that next "wave" of pitching prospects. That said, I'll be just fine if somehow we end up with Cole or Rendon at #4 if Bundy and someone else (Hultzen? Bauer?) end up goin in the top 3.

Would love to see the Bundy brothers make up that next "wave" of pitching prospects. That said, I'll be just fine if somehow we end up with Cole or Rendon at #4 if Bundy and someone else (Hultzen? Bauer?) end up goin in the top 3.

"Me an' Paul are gonna win 45 games."

Gerrit Cole was pretty nasty last night. Saw the video -- scouts had him 98 in his final inning, upper-80s all night with his slider and topped at 101 mph in the 2nd or 3rd inning.

I was just about to say that, his first pitch was 97, and was bringing heat all night. He could have a Strasburg-like effect going from the FB to the SL, where Strasburg was doing it with his curve. It just made it look so devastating coming in harder than some guys can throw a FB. I would be totally happy with either, but it would make my season if the O's ended up with Cole or Rendon (even though it's probably a pipe dream).

Archived