MLB All-Star Voting

backwardsk

Who do you guys have this year?

I looked at the NL 3rd basemen and wanted to vote none of the above. Did I overlook anybody there?

The Orioles fan in me voted for Jones and Wieters. A Cabrera should be the AL SS, but he won't get voted in.

*checks watch* It's still May.

I don't even look at the ballot until June 1st and I'll end up putting a vote in a day or two before the deadline.

I have a huge pet peeve with the ballot opening in April :angryfire:

*checks watch* It's still May.

I don't even look at the ballot until June 1st and I'll end up putting a vote in a day or two before the deadline.

I have a huge pet peeve with the ballot opening in April :angryfire:

The thing I hate the most is that the roster choices are set so early. Theres players on there who don't start the season or you could have a guy who switched to LF and ends up playing 152 games there but he was the 1B on the ballot.

I usually vote once or twice towards the end of voting. I did do a punch ballot at OPACY last Sunday.

For your question, at 3B in the NL I picked Casey McGehee.

The thing I hate the most is that the roster choices are set so early. Theres players on there who don't start the season or you could have a guy who switched to LF and ends up playing 152 games there but he was the 1B on the ballot.

I usually vote once or twice towards the end of voting. I did do a punch ballot at OPACY last Sunday.

For your question, at 3B in the NL I picked Casey McGehee.

Chipper's been good, I'll probably pick him when I sit down and look it over.

Chipper's been good, I'll probably pick him when I sit down and look it over.

That's what I ended up doing. But it was simply based on reputation and the fact that no other third basemen are really doing anything. Hell, I could have gone with Melvin Mora.

I have McGehee on my fantasy team. He's been really frustrating for me this season.

I'd like to see Adam Jones in centerfield, Nick Markakis in right, Felix Pie in left, Wieters catching, Hardy at short, Derek Lee at first base, B-Rob at second base, and Mark Reynolds at 3rd base. I'd like Zach Britton to be chosen as the starting pitcher, but have him decline the selection so as to keep all of his innings pitched for the Orioles in the regular season.

Well it's June 1st and I just did a little looking into how long I have before polls close.

June 30th, Midnight.

This is crazy, IMO polls should be opening now if they don't need results until June 30th. Being an "All Star" goes on your baseball resume and stands out for decades to come. It's bad enough to be decided by only half a season but MLB's format makes it probable that those with 1 hot month will get a nod. They need to fix this. This isn't 1975 when fax machines were brand spanking new. If we have the ability to vote via mobile, this generation will vote quickly enough to withstand a shorter polling period. GET WITH THE 21st CENTURY!! FIX THIS MLB!!!

[/rant]

I hate writing this but we really are likely to see

Tbag

Aroid

Cano

Dirty jcheter

RMartin

Granderson

CC

And those are just most likely... MFy's

We might have a winner!

Entire Yankees infield currently leading in early All-Star voting

In the first update of voting for the 2011 American League All-Star team, the Yankees have six players who are the top vote-getters at their positions, including the entire starting infield.

The six players are catcher Russell Martin, first baseman Mark Teixeira, second baseman Robinson Cano, third baseman Alex Rodriguez, shortstop Derek Jeter and center fielder Curtis Granderson. The All-Star Game is July 12 in Phoenix.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6616164

Archived