Cole - Injury Risk Like Strasburg

The only sure-fire college arm I see in the top 4 is Hultzen. His stuff is that good. His mechanics are completely fluid and effortless. Hultzen may not have the greatest fastball (89-91), but his command is outstanding. I could easily see Hultzen going number 1 in this draft.

The only sure-fire college arm I see in the top 4 is Hultzen. His stuff is that good. His mechanics are completely fluid and effortless. Hultzen may not have the greatest fastball (89-91), but his command is outstanding. I could easily see Hultzen going number 1 in this draft.

Would you be okay with it if his velo dropped 2 mph when he's asked to start every 5th day? He was 91-93 on Sunday, so say he sits 88-92 as a pro.

Would you be okay with it if his velo dropped 2 mph when he's asked to start every 5th day? He was 91-93 on Sunday, so say he sits 88-92 as a pro.

Hultzen is the only one out of the Bundy/Cole/Bauer/Bradley/Jungman group that I would be unhappy with at #4. The uptick in velo this year scares me as he transitions to a pro rotation.

Archived