Nick Playing First Base Tonight

Nick The Stick

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Scott's shoulder is even worse then he's letting on? If he can't play the field at all, Guerrero better dust off his mitt.

The way Scott is hitting no way I put Vlad into the field so he can DH. If Scott is hurt that bad, put him on the DL and stick Nolan in LF full time. Snyder can come back up and play first until Lee is ready.

Maybe Scott's shoulder is even worse then he's letting on? If he can't play the field at all, Guerrero better dust off his mitt.

His shoulder can't be worse off than his running skills and his ability to throw the ball 8 feet to Guthrie.

This really makes no sense to me.

First, why put Reimold in left and Pie in right?

Second, Scott has experience at first. Let Nick DH (or rest)

If both Scott and Nick are too sore to go to the Outfield, then this was a bad time to DFA Fox.

Interested to see Buck's reasoning for this lineup.

Some possible reasons for this move:

- Luke/Nick hurt (or hurt more than reported)

- Lee hurt more than expected

- want to see an OF with Pie, Jones and Reimold

- Lee may be traded and the O's need a 1B (see reasons above why it wouldn't be Scott)

- Showalter is tired of the losing and is willing to try ANYTHING to change up the team

Roch Kubatko:

Wouldn't surprise me if Markakis playing 1B today is an indication that his shoulder is a little sore.

Still makes no sense. You DH him if his shoulder hurts. Put Scott at 1B, Pie in LF, Nolan in RF, everyone wins. Instead we get Markakis at 1B and Pie in RF? Makes no sense.

A little (amateur) perspective. Last game I played, I hurt my right shoulder on the back swing (left handed swing). It's still sore. But only on the back swing. I can swing righty no problem, and since I throw left, not a problem there.

This doesn't account for the fact that the lineup won't exactly be missing his bat right now, but as far as "why not just sit him if he's sore" there you go. Were he hot, there's reasons why a position move would make some sorta sense. I'm still waiting to hear the official reasoning.

There is probably a reasonable explanation... but that would require a modicum of patience on our part.

Vlad could be banged up and

Scott's shoulder might hurt enough to make playing 1st even a problem and

Nick's shoulder is bothering him a little so they are putting him there instead of Nolan and

all of this could have come up after Fox was DFA.

Or Buck could just be screwing with us.

This really makes no sense to me.

First, why put Reimold in left and Pie in right?

Second, Scott has experience at first. Let Nick DH (or rest)

If both Scott and Nick are too sore to go to the Outfield, then this was a bad time to DFA Fox.

Interested to see Buck's reasoning for this lineup.

Not to mention, Jones, who was recently removed from a game due to shoulder soreness...

Archived