Nick Playing First Base Tonight

Nick The Stick

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Showalter is tired of the losing and is willing to try ANYTHING to change up the team

This seems like the only reason he would make this move. Nothing like mixing things up. Might take Nicks focus off hitting and more on playing the field.

So what do we do if Nick hits 3 homers today ? ;)

Realize that there is a reason why Showalter is managing the team while we're sitting in front of our computers ??? I don't know. Good question :scratchchinhmm:

Is it possible The Buck is doing a few things at once - 1) Just seeing what options he might have at first base. Perhaps Nicky even volunteered? And, 2) shaking up a lineup that badly needs shaking up?

No matter the issue, I think we can all agree that it's outside-the-box thinking (I don't recall too many people on this board suggesting such a move) and if there's one thing this team needs, it's OTB thinking...

And based on Luke's recent comments it's very possible that his shoulder is worse than currently believed. His throw last night to Guthrie was telling. When you have labrum or RC issues, sometimes it's actually EASIER to throw harder because it engages larger muscle groups. It's an over-compensation for the fact that your fine motor, small muscle groups are damaged.

I hope Nick goes 4 fer 4

I thought defense and pitching matter in the non steriod age. We are now playing guys at first who has never played even in the minors. Nick can have a day off. I know I see him in the dugout next to Showalter. I guess they planned this. i guess if Fox stood next to the manager he would still be on the team.Can we have Nick catching the day games?

I thought defense and pitching matter in the non steriod age. We are now playing guys at first who has never played even in the minors. Nick can have a day off. I know I see him in the dugout next to Showalter. I guess they planned this. i guess if Fox stood next to the manager he would still be on the team.Can we have Nick catching the day games?

His bat this season would play a lot better as a backup catcher.

Than damn it, DL the guy. He has done very little as a middle of the line-up defensive liability all year long. And I am not speaking about last night. His horrible Baseball IQ. In the past you could hide him at D&H when he hit the ball.

He plays balls in the outfield like the great Spanish Bullfighters

I think that this could have more to do with Luke Scott and his shoulder and his play at 1st base recently.I also notice that Luke looked like he was in serious pain after every swing last night. It may be time to shut him down!!!!

If so, it's an odd time to DFA Fox.

Archived