Sabean rips Cousins

Moose Milligan

I never, EVER thought I would see the day where a player and a GM could overtake my dislike of the Red Sox and Yankees but Buster Posey and Sabean have managed to do just that.

Cousins and his family are getting death threats now, and instead of trying to stop it, they are adding gasoline to the fire.

How quickly Bryan Stow has been forgotten in all of this.

Sabean predictably backpedaled after meeting with Torre.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/detail?entry_id=90321

"Brian Sabean's comments yesterday were said out of frustration and out of true concern for Buster and were not meant to vilify Scott Cousins. Brian has been in contact with Florida Marlins General Manager Larry Beinfest to clarify his comments and to assure him that there is no ill-will toward the player. He has also reached out to Scott Cousins directly.

I hope Cousins pulls a Posey and doesn't take his call.

It's hard to argue with Bench, particularly with Weam's avatar, but it's still just an opinion. Mike Scioscia was the closest thing to a brick wall baseball has seen in a long time. He believed in taking the plate away entirely. Often, the runner could still not see the plate after a violent collision. Bench quite likely may be the best defensive catcher in history but that doesn't mean his methods were perfect.

Archived