If Josh Bell falls to us in the second round...

...should the Orioles gamble and take him?

He is a big time prospect in this draft and he sent teams a letter saying he wanted to go to college.

But do you take him if you are the Orioles, if he is still there(which I doubt he will be) and just throw 3-4 million at him and try and sign him?

If you can't get him, you don't end up with a second round pick.

Rated #15 by BA.

Yeah, I know that. I'm talking about the likelihood of him signing. The only way you could get a gauge on that is to have actually talked to him and his family. If you don't think he will sign, no point in wasting a pick in what is supposed to be a very deep draft.

If he's still there in the 5th or so, I could see it. But in the 2nd round, you need to be pretty sure he'll sign, especially when you don't have any extra picks.

I could see TB picking him though.

Gammons said he's going to college. I wouldn't risk it in the 2nd round. Barring some team getting inside info that he'll play for them I wouldn't expect a team to take a flyer on him until the 8th round or later.

Gammons said he's going to college. I wouldn't risk it in the 2nd round. Barring some team getting inside info that he'll play for them I wouldn't expect a team to take a flyer on him until the 8th round or later.

In such a deep draft, I agree Bell is not worth the risk in the second round.

Archived