New Top 10 after the Bundy pick?

ChuckS

I'm going mostly on performance. Townsend and Berry have performed well (albeit Berry last year) while Hoes and Avery have been inconsistent and have glaring holes in their games. I agree that ranking prospects 6 and above is a bit of a crapshoot and on further research I might not have Snyder and Adams in my top ten. Townsend looks like our best power bat in the minors right now. While his plate discipline could be improved he's also hitting for a high average, so he offers more than just power.

Sounds about right. Avery has frustrated me at Bowie this season. He can be good one day and clueless at the plate on another day. Thanks for your comments.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is exactly right. Our farm system could see a meteoric rise between 1) adding the 2011 class, 2) getting the 2010 class on the field 3) few real graduations (I'd think Klein/Schrader do next year) and 4) maybe even adding the 2012 class.

If so, by the end of 2012, we could have a studly looking top 10. I guess that's the timing for our next wave.

Unfortunately, Toronto, Boston and Tampa look like they are adding tons of talent (arguably more) as well, and we can all assume the Yankees will pull three or four of the top international free agents on the market this July. Top 10 system would be great, but if it's still the 4th or 5th best in the division it's kind of like giving little Timmy a ribbon for finishing the race five minutes after Mike, Steve and Johansen crossed the line.

Personally I can't believe anyone here would have Hobgood in

Their top ten. He's thus far a BUST.

To call him a bust is short sighted. He's 20 years old, showed OK (not well) in his first full season despite a troublesome loss in velo, then hit the DL with shoulder soreness.

He's on my watch list right now. Has he been disappointing for a top 5 pick? Without a doubt. But if he comes back in July with low 90s velo and shows well in A ball, he gets placed back on the top 10 list for me.

He was still a mid-to-late first round talent even according to orgs that didn't value him as highly as did Jordan. That's a pretty special arm. He's not a superstar, but if he's healthy he's on my radar.

Dont forget wildcard.:D

I agree with John Hart. He said you can't make the Hall of Fame from the tub. In other words, Mahoney has to play to progress. This DL stint has not helped him.

I won't be saying much about Mahoney until he shows us some progress. I always said that prospects deserve a chance. However, Mahoney is wasting time on the DL.

Archived