Duke struggling to fill Cameron?

glenn__davis

Apparently the Dukies haven't been so "crazy" about Duke basketball the last few years, although it sounds like it could just be a problem with their ticketing system.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10460583

Also of interest was this little snippet...

The tent village, fondly known as Krzyzewskiville, won't disappear. It'll still be in place for this year's big games against North Carolina and Maryland.

Not sure why the MD game would be such a hot ticket, since we're not their rival or anything.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently the Dukies haven't been so "crazy" about Duke basketball the last few years, although it sounds like it could just be a problem with their ticketing system.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10460583

Also of interest was this little snippet...

Not sure why the MD game would be such a hot ticket, since we're not their rival or anything.

Yeah, very curious indeed. What about NC State or Wake? I thought they were more of rivals than MD?

I gotta admit, that Kyle Singler kid looks like a really good college player - from the videos I've seen - though probably not athletic enough to be a big-time NBA prospect. He reminds me of Adam Morrison - only more physical - he even has the same slumped shoulders look when running. He's probably not as much of a scorer but may be a better passer.

They only camp out for two games a year. Its always the home North Carolina game and then the other game is random.

Singler is gonna be stud. And Nolan Smith is gonna be awesome to have because we wont have Paulus getting killed every game. And Taylor King can bomb the threes

Well I'm certainly not the most knowledgable about Duke's athletics, but every year they show the students camping out for the MD game. So either the MD game has beaten incredible odds, or that information is not correct.

Maryland has been the game most of the time recently, since they've been generally good and the Maryland/Duke game has been one of the best in the conference. I'm pretty sure that Wake Forest was the second game the year that Chris Paul was there. I don't think that Maryland was the game last year either, since I went to that game (the last home game of the year for Duke) and there were only a couple tents still up when I got there 3 or 4 hours before gametime.

Duke has no big men this year. Zoubek is a project that isnt close to being ready

He has skills to potentially be a very solid big man...The Blue Devils don't need him to score right now though...They need his defensive presence, size and rebounding...He can do that at this point in his career.

He has skills to potentially be a very solid big man...The Blue Devils don't need him to score right now though...They need his defensive presence, size and rebounding...He can do that at this point in his career.

I don't think they can win the NC this year without Zoubek becoming some sort of a post option for scoring by tourney time. I think he could do that later in the year, but I'm not sure he will.

They will be at their best at an uptempo pace with Thomas and Singler up front.

I don't think they can win the NC this year without Zoubek becoming some sort of a post option for scoring by tourney time. I think he could do that later in the year, but I'm not sure he will.

They will be at their best at an uptempo pace with Thomas and Singler up front.

Zoubek may have to give them some presence...You could be right about that.

But he won't have to give much.

They will struggle against teams that will want to slow it down and have size(interesting to watch them vs Wisconsin in a few weeks).

However, their depth and athleticism will make them a difficult matchup...They will be able to draw the 4s and 5s out on the wings almost every game.

Zoubek may have to give them some presence...You could be right about that.

But he won't have to give much.

They will struggle against teams that will want to slow it down and have size(interesting to watch them vs Wisconsin in a few weeks).

However, their depth and athleticism will make them a difficult matchup...They will be able to draw the 4s and 5s out on the wings almost every game.

Yea, they were talking tonight about how Coach K has taken some of D'Antoni's strategies to the team he has this year. I think you'll see a ton of uptempo type games with Duke, with Singler pulling 4's away from the basket.

They looked very good tonight.

Can't wait for ACC Opener Jan 13 at Cameron!

Yea, they were talking tonight about how Coach K has taken some of D'Antoni's strategies to the team he has this year. I think you'll see a ton of uptempo type games with Duke, with Singler pulling 4's away from the basket.

They looked very good tonight.

Can't wait for ACC Opener Jan 13 at Cameron!

Yea...This is very smart.

K is showing he is willing to adapt.

They also talked about him taking some of Boeheim's zone strategy and how they may use some of that to try and negate some of the size.

They are also going to be an excellent perimeter defensive team.

Expecting big things this year...I like what I am seeing and hearing from them right now.

Archived