24th Round - Jalen Simmons - RF - Camden County HS

The running back in that espn video is Jalen "Scoot" Simmons, who went to high school in Charlotte, NC and was a former Duke commit (now at South Carolina St).

This Jalen Simmons is much taller and lankier than the RB version and is from a Georgia HS. Still an interesting pick, but I assume this guy is more of an athlete than a baseball player at this point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Not just WS contenders, but most Playoff contenders will be looking for bullpen upgrades as the deadline nears....if we're being honest with ourselves, if 70% of the teams have a shot at the playoffs, and the other 30% only have a handful (combined) of quality arms they might consider dealing, we should expect to have to pay a Kings Ransom to outbid those that are competing with us for the talent.  And, therein lies the problem.....we won't get a fair and reasonable deal by Hangout standards, it will have to be an overpay, or we settle for another Flaherty type.  That's just the reality folks. My point  being, be prepared to be disappointed that we had to give up too much, or we didn't get who we really wanted.
    • He's obviously cooling off some, I don't think anyone believed he would be 1.000+ OPS guy with a .350 BA. Strikeouts are 30% but he did take 3 walks yesterday if memory serves. I've slept since that game.
    • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_McKenna
    • It’s possibly Sunday, one more with Norfolk or with us. We’re discussing that now,” Hyde said
    • I heard Means was POSSIBLE vs A's..but in Baltimore.
    • This probably didn't need its own thread but I didn't really know what existing thread to post it in. I am the only person who has recognized Roch's strange promotion/fascination/affection for Brian McKenna. He mentions him regularly in his blog as a potential call up. Rings the bell about his plus defense and speed and that he'd be a RHH off the bench. He had several blog posts last year about him missing the clinching games, and so on and so forth. It just seems a little weird that a guy who hung on as the 26th man on bad teams and is dropped from the 40 man and clears waivers when the team gets good, keeps coming up in blog posts and would be sought out for opinions and quotes so often. Just seems a little odd to me.    Roch's 4/25 Blog Post   In McKenna’s favor were his speed, defense at every outfield spot and energy in the dugout. A team-first guy and positive clubhouse influence. And he had a strong, vocal supporter in manager Brandon Hyde. But McKenna went 5-for-37 in camp, the numbers mattering more for him than others, and running dry on options didn’t allow him to immediately stay.
  • Popular Contributors