A few things

bigbird

I'm surprised there hasn't been earlier discussion of Mora to Philly. It seems like the perfect place to deal him: they need a third baseman and he won't even have to move.

Yea. I don't care who we get back in return as long as it is a propsect.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Passing on a few things I was told my by guy today...

Lots of talk with the Pirates and there may well be a multi player deal here. Bay and Marte are two guys we've asked about.

He still thinks Tejada ends up with the Cubs. Doesn't think there's much of a chance a deal with NYY can be worked out.

Mora to Philly is a possibility. Looking at prospects in return.

Still can't find a trader for Hernandez.

FO is realy high on lower level pitching prospect. Wouldn't be surprised to see Penn, Liz and others traded this winter.

Free agent signings will be limited to pitching and backups.

Has not heard of any talks about free agents from Japan

Tried to drum up interest in Millar and Huff last week.

Not much expected to happen before the winter meetings.:(

Read as little or as much into this as you want.

Thank you as always BB. I'm pleased to see we plan on keeping our draft picks. Unsure about getting Bay/Marte, depends who we give up. Mora to Philly makes perfect sense for both teams.

Are you kidding ?

This team can add Marte and Bay and contend ?

And I can pick the correct 6 numbers in each of the next 4 Lotto drawings too. :rolleyes:

Why in the world would we be targeting a 29 yr old OF and a 32 year old LH RP ?

Is PA still in charge ? Are we still being delusional that we are a player or two away ?

If we can put the best offer on the table for Bay- what does that tell you ?

It tells me we are hurting our future. We aren't giving them Gibbons and Cabrera for Bay. And we aren't getting Bay as a bonus for taking back a bad contract.

We aren't a player away. We are a 3rd/LF/CF/1b/3 RPers away.

Bay and Marte(both who could be traded at the deadline for more value) would fill two of our biggest holes and could turn into very good prospects(or draft picks if we keep Bay for the 2 years).

Why does every player we trade for have to be under 26? Nothing wrong with a 29 and 32 year old if they contribute.

Not even in fantasy land are we getting Bay for Reimold/Cabrera. Any contending team could easily beat that offer.

Yeah, lets keep giving up youngsters with upside and keep acquiring 29 and 32 yr olds and so we can go for 20 straight losing seasons. After all, this strategy has worked so well for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

It is time to pick a clear direction and build a team for the future that will contend for championships, not a team built on stopgaps and bandaids built to stay out of last place.

Not even in fantasy land are we getting Bay for Reimold/Cabrera. Any contending team could easily beat that offer.

Yeah, lets keep giving up youngsters with upside and keep acquiring 29 and 32 yr olds and so we can go for 20 straight losing seasons. After all, this strategy has worked so well for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

It is time to pick a clear direction and build a team for the future that will contend for championships, not a team built on stopgaps and bandaids built to stay out of last place.

But 29 specifically is not old even in baseball terms. You can have him in your organization for 7 quality contributing seasons. You can build with a 29 year old.

The question is, do we trade for Bay and keep Bedard and BROb, thinking we can go for it?

Or is the thinking that we can get Bay cheaply and that it is an oppurtunity we can't pass up regardless of what happens with Bedard and BRob?

If this is the thinking, then we clearly have learned nothing from the past 10 years. Jason Bay is not what this team needs. And trading Liz and Penn would be a huge mistake.

Really not liking what I'm hearing here.

I really like the idea of going for Bay. yeah he is a little older than I would like to see, buit he is a realistic acquisition that would be a canyon-sized improvement over what we have trotted out there the last couple of years.

He may be a piece we can move in another trade when we percieve someone in our own system ready to take over.

He will not put us over the top or get us to contention in 08 by any stretch of the imagination, unless he goes all Pena on us, but he would be a good compliment to Markakis in LF.

Depending on what it costs us - I'm all for it.

We aren't a player away. We are a 3rd/LF/CF/1b/3 RPers away.

Bay and Marte(both who could be traded at the deadline for more value) would fill two of our biggest holes and could turn into very good prospects(or draft picks if we keep Bay for the 2 years).

So you want us to trade away prospects for old vets, then flip them at the deadline for prospects. :confused:

That is a terrible strategy for this team at this time.

The Orioles should be dealing veterans for prospects NOW, not the other way around.

So you want us to trade away prospects for old vets, then flip them at the deadline for prospects. :confused:

That is a terrible strategy for this team at this time.

The Orioles should be dealing veterans for prospects NOW, not the other way around.

I wouldn't classify Bay as an "old vet"

Archived