Nationals Manager Riggleman resigns because of contract

sbauer

Told GM before the game that he would resign after the game if they didn't pick up his option today. They played the game, swept Seattle and then he resigned.

I don't know if I've ever seen anything like this.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that shows how rinky dink the Nats are compared to even us. Seriously... dude has your franchise going in the right direction and all he asks is his 2012 option to be picked up and you don't do it??? What are you thinking?!?!?!

That said, it's not like a manager is THAT much of a difference... but wow.

And that shows how rinky dink the Nats are compared to even us. Seriously... dude has your franchise going in the right direction and all he asks is his 2012 option to be picked up and you don't do it??? What are you thinking?!?!?!

That said, it's not like a manager is THAT much of a difference... but wow.

Eh, I'm on the other side of it. I don't think the Nationals have to give him an extension yet. Wait til the end of July, then offer him one if they show some proloinged success. I don't know why Riggleman is so impatient.

Eh, I'm on the other side of it. I don't think the Nationals have to give him an extension yet. Wait til the end of July, then offer him one if they show some proloinged success. I don't know why Riggleman is so impatient.

I completely agree. Especially given that Riggleman isn't exactly a hot commodity. Just an unbelievably dumb move by Riggleman. His days as a Major League manager are toast. I don't see any way another team gives him another shot after this. Ever. Dude hung all of his players completely out to dry.

He should of played out his contract. He signed it. It is an agreement for a length of time.

Touchy little baby. Maybe he turns the team around has a great record and in the offseason gets a wonderful deal either there or in a better city?

Archived