Season's over

NewMarketSean

I know this. But every year it is the same schtick. I mean if you are really giving up on this team for the year and you aren't going to watch them anymore then why bother posting here? I mean, what will you have to talk about?

Listen they are HARD to watch right now and this season has been a gigantic kick in the junk. They have been hard to watch for my adult life, but come on - these little declarations are about as useful as new year's resolutions. The second they go on a bit of a winning streak - and they will, even crap teams go on winning streaks - you will be back.

If you are quitting you gotta quit cold turkey. You can't say that I am giving up drinking, but still drink beer.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have some ideas but I will keep them to myself. :D

Dude, I'm right there with you. You'll get a lot of grief for starting a new thread to air your angst, but I completely understand. I've been trying to formulate a way to start a new thread basically doing the same thing on a nightly basis. But I really don't want to have my fandom questioned, so I've abstained.

I just can't put myself through it every night anymore. They're not worth my time nor the energy I spend yelling and screaming. I'm not a doctor, but I would estimate that watching the Orioles suck year in and year out for the past decade has probably literally taken months off my life due to stress. Now, admittedly, I get more pissed off than most normal people watching the games.

I'm growing incapable of having any kind of optimistic outlook when it comes to this organization.

I know this. But every year it is the same schtick. I mean if you are really giving up on this team for the year and you aren't going to watch them anymore then why bother posting here? I mean, what will you have to talk about?

Listen they are HARD to watch right now and this season has been a gigantic kick in the junk. They have been hard to watch for my adult life, but come on - these little declarations are about as useful as new year's resolutions. The second they go on a bit of a winning streak - and they will, even crap teams go on winning streaks - you will be back.

If you are quitting you gotta quit cold turkey. You can't say that I am giving up drinking, but still drink beer.

So what would you like, for us to ignore the reality of this organization? For us to refrain from mentioning how bad and how far away they are from anything that resembles respectability?

Sorry, I don't want to talk about how many home runs Reynolds has or how in love you are with Adam Jones. It does have a bright spot or two. But end of the day, this team is a steaming pile. Always has been.

Sorry, I don't want to live with my head buried in the sand.

So what would you like, for us to ignore the reality of this organization? For us to refrain from mentioning how bad and how far away they are from anything that resembles respectability?

Sorry, I don't want to live with my head buried in the sand.

Some people, for whatever reason, can step back from the futility and say, "Well, thank GOD we have a baseball team here."

Good for them.

What are you even TALKING ABOUT?

Where did I even say that? You can complain about them all you want. Do whatever you like. But you're all "blah blah blah seasons over" "balh blah Im not watching blah blah".

Well if you aren't watching then what are you going to talk about? Saying you're done but still talking about them insistently isn't really quitting!

Please tell me where I said you can't complain. Because I never said that.

You think I'm having a blast watching this stuff? And I HAVE to watch it because of other responsibilities. You think I enjoy watching these guys find new a exciting ways to lose games almost every night? You think I like seeing every plan crumble due to injury or unexpected underperformance?

I'm just as depressed as you are.

This season's been over for awhile now. That said, I'm still fairly optimistic about the team's future. We've got a lot of young talent and some decent pieces on the way. What I'm not optimistic about, however, is the team's ability to overcome the division. I think we'll develop into a nice little team that can't get over the hump like the Jays of the past half decade. It'll be a pretty fun team to watch, nothing to be ashamed of, but not good enough to get past the juggernauts up top.

This season's been over for awhile now. That said, I'm still fairly optimistic about the team's future. We've got a lot of young talent and some decent pieces on the way. What I'm not optimistic about, however, is the team's ability to overcome the division. I think we'll develop into a nice little team that can't get over the hump like the Jays of the past half decade. It'll be a pretty fun team to watch, nothing to be ashamed of, but not good enough to get past the juggernauts up top.

What are those "decent pieces", pray tell?

Sean, take yourself a break dude.

Life's much less stressful. Do you really want to watch Mitch Atkins get pummeled and then the Orioles finish the first half as lunchmeat for the Red Sox anyways?

I dont watch. Haven't been for months.

Still check the boxscores. They are still MY team.

But reading boxscores doesn't make me any less angry.

You think I'm having a blast watching this stuff? And I HAVE to watch it because of other responsibilities. You think I enjoy watching these guys find new a exciting ways to lose games almost every night? You think I like seeing every plan crumble due to injury or unexpected underperformance?

I'm just as depressed as you are.

Let it out, SJ!!!!!!! This is a forum to sound your frustrations.

I fully expect them to suck, so the losing is just of part of being an Orioles fan.

But if I sit there and watch it unfold, it bothers me.

What are those "decent pieces", pray tell?

Schoop, Machado, Bundy, Bundy, maybe Hoes.

I'm sure your response here will be to point out that they're far away, which is true, but they'll likely be breaking into the big leagues while Arrieta, Matusz, Wieters and Britton are all still under control. That's not true for Jones, which is why I think we should trade him.

This actually explains a lot. You just want results. As others have said, if you can't find pleasure simply watching baseball, then this is probably not the team for you. I really, really want the Orioles to do well, but I'm going to keep watching even if they don't -- not because I'm a "true" fan or any of that chest-beating nonsense, but because I enjoy the game. If I didn't take any pleasure from it, as you don't seem to, then I wouldn't watch either.

Schoop, Machado, Bundy, Bundy, maybe Hoes.

I'm sure your response here will be to point out that they're far away, which is true, but they'll likely be breaking into the big leagues while Arrieta, Matusz, Wieters and Britton are all still under control. That's not true for Jones, which is why I think we should trade him.

This actually explains a lot. You just want results. As others have said, if you can't find pleasure simply watching baseball, then this is probably not the team for you. I really, really want the Orioles to do well, but I'm going to keep watching even if they don't -- not because I'm a "true" fan or any of that chest-beating nonsense, but because I enjoy the game. If I didn't take any pleasure from it, as you don't seem to, then I wouldn't watch either.

I wish I could compartmentalize it like that, to watch them just to watch baseball. I've been watching the Nats a bit this season, and I find that I enjoy watching that more since there is no real emotional connection, and I do have a rooting interest because I'd like to see the Nats do well.

Archived