Bryce Harper jumped from low A to AA

Frobby

IF, and it's capitalized for a reason, Strasburg comes back close to the level he was at when he made his debut, the Nationals are going to be scary good when he and Harper join the team. They already have a good pitching staff now and their offense is starting to come around.

With the violence in Baltimore and my ever-growing reluctance to continue supporting the city, the state of the Orioles, Davey Johnson as the Nats' manager, and the better entertainment options DC has, it's going to be really hard to avoid becoming a fan of theirs in the next few years.

I would rather be a Nationals fan moving forward. I like their hats, jerseys, and think they have a great nucleous of players we need. If we had Strasburg and Harper we really would be the next Tampa Bay Rays. Instead, the Nats have the bat and arm we will need to pay upwards of $40M to obtain at this point. They have a payroll of $56M or so this year and that is with Werth! If they can convince Fielder to play there then watch out if Harper is added to the lineup and Strasburg comes back healthy.

For all the hype our young starters have gotten, the Nats' Jordan Zimmermann looks better than any of our guys. The combo of him and Strasburg looks to be much better than anything we can offer.

Rizzo made a huge mistake with the Werth signing, but I think he is doing a good job of scouting both at the pro and amateur levels. Far better than the Orioles.

For all the hype our young starters have gotten, the Nats' Jordan Zimmermann looks better than any of our guys. The combo of him and Strasburg looks to be much better than anything we can offer.

Rizzo made a huge mistake with the Werth signing, but I think he is doing a good job of scouting both at the pro and amateur levels. Far better than the Orioles.

They have Clippard and Storen in the BP too.

Half their team is better than any one player on our team.

They have Clippard and Storen in the BP too.

Half their team is better than any one player on our team.

Clippard and Storen are hands down the most underrated bullpen combo in baseball. Clippard really stepped up last season and has been able to repeat so far this year. Its fun to watch.

Henry Rodrguez isn't too shabby either.

Their bullpen is pretty sick. Lots of K pitchers.

Not too often that you'd think the Nats would fleece Billy Beane, but that was a great trade for Washington. Their biggest mistakes this offseason were the big FA signings of Werth and LaRoche.

I wonder if Harper would have the footspeed/range to play CF?

And they may trade Clippard and get back a big return, like they did with Capps last year.

Meanwhile, we will probably hang onto JJ and Koji because we want to make sure the pen doesn't get taxed for next year! :rolleyes:

You're probably right but they shold be in firesale mode.

IF, and it's capitalized for a reason, Strasburg comes back close to the level he was at when he made his debut, the Nationals are going to be scary good when he and Harper join the team. They already have a good pitching staff now and their offense is starting to come around.

With the violence in Baltimore and my ever-growing reluctance to continue supporting the city, the state of the Orioles, Davey Johnson as the Nats' manager, and the better entertainment options DC has, it's going to be really hard to avoid becoming a fan of theirs in the next few years.

Would that make you a bandwagon fan? Pink Nats hat? :P

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Would that make you a bandwagon fan? Pink Nats hat? :P

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Starting to really wonder what I'd do if the Nats went to the playoffs. That doesnt mean I would stop being an Os fan but I do miss playoff baseball and no reason to not root for the Nats.

Archived