MATUSZ at AAA-Norfolk

OFFNY

Yeesh, Luke Hudson just butchered a fly ball to centerfield.

Lots of breaking balls from what I've seen. Not many fastballs. Kinda looks the same to me.

Aww come on, he laid out for that and just missed it. It was catch-able, but it would have been a spectacular catch.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aww come on, he laid out for that and just missed it. It was catch-able, but it would have been a spectacular catch.

Really? Maybe it was hit harder than I thought it was, I heard the Toledo announcer say that he misjudged it. I really wasn't watching live just listening.

Matusz looks extremely average.

Really? Maybe it was hit harder than I thought it was, I heard the Toledo announcer say that he misjudged it. I really wasn't watching live just listening.

Matusz looks extremely average.

No way. I'm watching it. He dove and completely laid out. In fact, he was so close to making a spectacular grab that the runner on second base COULD NOT score, because he had to hold up, because he thought that Hudson caught it. I don't know what that announcer is watching.

No way. I'm watching it. He dove and completely laid out. In fact, he was so close to making a spectacular grab that the runner on second base COULD NOT score, because he had to hold up, because he thought that Hudson caught it. I don't know what that announcer is watching.

Yeah, I saw the dive but the announcer was suggesting that it was necessitated by a bad read.

It was certainly a spectacular dive, that's for sure. Not an easy catch, misjudged or not... but the guy made it seem like he got a bad jump.

3 earned runs in 5 innings. He had control problems early, but then found the plate. He walked 3 batters in the first inning, and didn't walk a batter after that. One of his curveballs broke so much, it looked like he had it attached like a yo-yo. I think that he still has a way to go, and he is right where he needs to be at the AAA level.

MATUSZ AAA-NORFOLK

IP: 5

ER: 3

R: 4

H: 7

BB: 3

SO: 0

Pitches: 97 (56 Strikes, 41 Balls)

2011 AAA ERA: 4.83

5 Ip...7 hits, 4 runs(3 earned), 3 walks, no k's...He has thrown 97 pitches..Only 58% for strikes.

This is mind boggling how awful he has become.

By far the most disappointing aspect of 2011.

No doubt, IMO.

Let's hope he can have a solid end to the season, get healthy, and hopefully get himself back on track next year.

He looked pretty good today. In the first 5 innings, he gave up one run, didn't throw a lot of pitches, gave up only 2 hits, and faced the minimum 3 batters in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th innings. In the 6th inning he stumbled a bit, giving up a solo home run before finishing the inning at 84 pitches overall. In the 7th inning, he threw a total of 8 pitches ............ unfortunately, one of them was a solo home run that just got over the wall in right-centerfield. The first batter of the inning hit a home run. The next batter swung at the first pitch, and grounded out. The next batter flied out on the second pitch of the at-bat. The last batter also flied out on the second pitch of his at-bat. Sooooooooo, the 7th inning consisted of 8 pitches, 3 outs, BUT a solo home run also.

MATUSZ AAA-NORFOLK

IP: 7

H: 6

R: 3

BB: 2

SO: 1

Pitches: 92 (59 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2011 AAA ERA: 4.66

I would trade guthrie for kranitz right now if he could fix our sp problems. The last 50+ game starter wise were amazing. Something has to be said about the way they were couched, imo.

I absolutely think pitching coach will be changed in the offseason. Just not as many options out there mid-season. I expect hitting coach to change again too. Too awful of a season, too much regression for someone not to take the blame.

Archived