What phase of Andy's plan are we in now?

helloharv

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wish that this organization (excuse me...owner) would go out and turn this team over to a young, aggressive GM who has been part of a successful organization. Allow that guy to totally clean house and build this thing up from the ground.

I can't even watch this garbage any more. And...that's what it is...GARBAGE!

The farm teams are garbage, the major league club is garbage, and management/ownership is garbage.

Not gonna happen, they just hired a new CEO who is in his 60's.

I think Buck is responsible for the coaching at the ML level and this season that is the level where it has failed, if it has. Bergesen, Matusz, Tillman, Markakis ,Gregg, Gonzalez, Wieters, have all recieved the brunt of their coaching at that level. No one IIRC complained that Buck shouldn't have total control of his coaching picks.

Who hired Buck? I'm 100% certain Buck discussed and got approval for all coaching changes, as well.

There is one common theme to what you say about our troubles."Failed to develop". To some degree AM is responsible for seeing that players get developed, and the O's apparently are miserable in that dept. Now I suspect that Matusz, Bergesen, and Tillman's problems, stem from Mark Conners tweaking, and he was Buck's choice, but still, a number of players with upside have fizzled and that needed to be addressed.

And exactly what many people have complained about is that the O's system has been bad at developing, bad at scouting, etc. dating back to pre-MacPhail and we have yet to hear of any sweeping changes or overhaul of the system. The first thing the new Toronto front office did was overhaul the entire scouting department...

And exactly what many people have complained about is that the O's system has been bad at developing, bad at scouting, etc. dating back to pre-MacPhail and we have yet to hear of any sweeping changes or overhaul of the system. The first thing the new Toronto front office did was overhaul the entire scouting department...

Exactly. AM has made positive changes in the organization but it has all been incremental and very, very slow.

If the Nats played AL ball then I would be tempted to send more love their way. I would love to have Strasburg, Harper, Zimmerman, Espinosa, Storen, Ramos, Clippard, Rendon, Morse, and Norris. All of these guys will be young together and the Nationals are flexible enough financially to get Fielder for the middle of the lineup. Below would have the potential to be a very good offensive club and they have some arms.

Rendon

Zimmerman

Harper

Fielder

Werth

Morse

Ramos

Ankiel

Desmond

Stotle,

Are they known entities sitting out there that could make this organization better in both the US and international markets?

The answer is "yes", you are in charge of selecting those people....

That assumes you are dealing with a rational functioning organization. You would think that if the President of Baseball Operations wanted to fire the Minor League Director he could, and that he wouldn't have to re-assign him to Director of International Operations.

That assumes you are dealing with a rational functioning organization. You would think that if the President of Baseball Operations wanted to fire the Minor League Director he could, and that he wouldn't have to re-assign him to Director of International Operations.

Something that people ought to pay attention to when it comes to MacPhail's "free reign" over the organization.

Something that people ought to pay attention to when it comes to MacPhail's "free reign" over the organization.

It is also something folks should possibly want to pay attention to when people moan and groan over our international budget. The guy that AM (and his predecessors) reportedly tried to fire has been re-assigned to international operations (potentially because he had to). That tells me one of two things. Either AM doesn't truly care that much about International talent and put DS in a position where he could inflict the least amount of damage or DS was put there by someone else and AM doesn't trust him enough to give him any real power or budget.

Either way, if the reports are true AM doesn't have the free reign people want to assume he has. That said, he probably has more influence than any other potential replacement would have.

Can someone explain? I must have missed what is behind this.

There are reports out there that AM (and JD) wanted to fire Dave Stockstill. Instead, Angelos vetoed and Stockstill was moved to international operations.

Anyway, it was in Tony's article last year and I think others (maybe Rosenthal) has reported it.

Archived