Orioles Hangout Top Prospects: Who's #11?

ScottieBaseball

Orioles Hangout Top Prospects: Who's #11?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Orioles Hangout Top Prospects: Who's #11?

This poll is closed to new votes

What exactly constitutes not waiting too long? One pick, two picks, three picks...five picks? ;)

Gotta keep you guys guessing, besides, at this point everytime we don't name Hernandez we get "1000 posts" telling us my we're wronging him somehow! :D

Yep, the fun is that we can be guessing at this stage and actually have some kids with potential and performance to choose from instead of trying to fill out the roster.

Sure is good if Arrieta (he of the 16 scoreless innings and #1 surprise in the AFL) and Hernandez (he with the brilliant no hitter in High A) are not #11. Sure is good if Henson makes it, high ceiling as SS/CF. Hoey and McCory lower still is absolutely excellent.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess it really doesn't matter what you guys(OH, Baseball Prospectus,Scout.com, Baseball America, etc) think anyway. Everybody(publications) has a different opinion, even the posters. I think next year is a big year for him and if he has a good year then all this doesn't really matter.

Agreed 100%. If Hernandez puts up big numbers at Bowie next season,his prospect status will skyrocket.

Also, the only one on this list I can't justify at #11 is McCrory, he's too old and doesn't have enough upside, IMO.

I guess it really doesn't matter what you guys(OH, Baseball Prospectus,Scout.com, Baseball America, etc) think anyway. Everybody(publications) has a different opinion, even the posters. I think next year is a big year for him and if he has a good year then all this doesn't really matter.

Which is why it's a little annoying to see post like "it's gotta be him"...etc. Baseball is not an exact science.

You guys are not going to like this selection if I go by the voting so far. If you know the way we've done our lists the last few years, upside potential has weighed more heavily.

I can see you going with Henson. I think he's going to be a decent mlb player. If fact, my son and I were at a card store this week and I saw Henson's rookie card and thought that it may be worth something in a few years. I'm not into the cards but I was surprised Markakis' rookie card was worth $80!

Actually, we did change this list around a bit just last week. A lot of you voted for the old number 11.

Awwww ... that's messed up. Now you're just doing stuff to mess with people. ;):P

I went with Arrieta, but I agree with others that it could be any of those guys. Actually, it wouldn't shock me if it was really Henson.

- Arrieta has been impressive so far, but has yet to pitch a game in our system not to mention even make an appearance as a starter.

- I'm going to take that "old number 11" comment to mean Hernandez, so I'm going to assume he falls down to 12 or 13.

- McCrory looks impressive, but I think all of the other guys have a higher ceiling.

- Hoey. McCrory throws hard, but Hoey throws harder. I think Hoey ranks above McCrory, but again falls behind the other guys. At best though, he's a top reliever and I don't think that compares to a full-time position player and a starter.

I agree that next year is a huge year for him in determining his prospect status.

Archived