Would you make this trade

bigbird

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course. The O's are brewing up an offer for Bedard.

Jesus, here we go again. Hey Orioles...make him an offer and be done with it. All this thinking and working on an offer and brewing up an offer? Give me a break. It ain't rocket science. Come to a conclusion on what you think he's worth and offer it. You then have a 50-50 chance he takes it. But you need to offer it NOW so you can move on to other things. Stop making this into some brain surgery or something!

Jesus, here we go again. Hey Orioles...make him an offer and be done with it. All this thinking and working on an offer and brewing up an offer? Give me a break. It ain't rocket science. Come to a conclusion on what you think he's worth and offer it. You then have a 50-50 chance he takes it. But you need to offer it NOW so you can move on to other things. Stop making this into some brain surgery or something!

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down here. They key is to make it look like you're coming up with an offer. That way, the player can get angry and want to leave before you come up with your offer. And, when he ultimately rejects your offer, you can make him look like the bag guy. "We offered him a great deal and what we felt was the market value on a player of his caliber." It's all about spinning your wheels as long as possible...

I think everyone is getting a little too worked up here. It's not even December 1 yet.

BTW, when people bemoan the fact that bigbird and Belkast are posting less and less in regular threads as non-insiders these days, remember this thread. bigbird can't say two words on this board without a thread like this happening. The line in Moose's signature isn't just funny, it's true.

I wonder if we could take Baldelli and a pitcher and get back Crisp from the Sox. Rocco is adored up here.

I'm not a big Rocco fan, but I'd rather have him than Coco. He's an intriguing option because of his potential. And, if he we could acquire him along with a legit power threat for Ramon and a long RP, I'd be all over it. It's a deal with low risk and potentially high reward. If Rocco gets hurt, you didn't give up much for him and chances are Gomes will be alright. If Rocco stays healthy and realizes his potential, it's a tremendous deal.

Of course that works for Tampa, but they may want someone other than Burress but not like Guthrie or Loewen, the principle is the same.

Ramon, despite a poor year, still has a reputation of working well with young pitching I think.

They have a decent lineup with Upton, Young, Pena and Iwamura already and a rotation with 2 good starters already in Kasmir and Shields.

If the O's offer them a catcher with a balance between offense and defense and a pitcher that they can insert into their rotation for what are essentially spare parts to them, why wouldn't they do it?

I'm not a big Rocco fan, but I'd rather have him than Coco. He's an intriguing option because of his potential. And, if he we could acquire him along with a legit power threat for Ramon and a long RP, I'd be all over it. It's a deal with low risk and potentially high reward. If Rocco gets hurt, you didn't give up much for him and chances are Gomes will be alright. If Rocco stays healthy and realizes his potential, it's a tremendous deal.

On the flip side, Baldelli gets hurt in spring training you're looking at Tike Redman for half a season. Depending on which pitcher we would need to send the Sox to pull off the deal (and I'm not offering much), Crisp is much more what this team needs, now. You could even make a case for signing CPat to the "right" deal, and playing Crisp in left.

Interesting trade-for us. But it has to be interesting for Tampa who needs pitching. You'd have to do better than Burress I think.Maybe a couple of A-level guys w/some upside..Hamblett, Berken, Lonsberry, Bergeson, Hernandez...

I'd take a chance, but I'd want Baldelli examined from stem to stern.Gomes is an interesting character-maybe not a great hitter for average or skills guy, but he pounds the pee out of the ball.

I'd want some kind of insurance for Baldelli thrown in.

On the flip side, Baldelli gets hurt in spring training you're looking at Tike Redman for half a season. Depending on which pitcher we would need to send the Sox to pull off the deal (and I'm not offering much), Crisp is much more what this team needs, now. You could even make a case for signing CPat to the "right" deal, and playing Crisp in left.

I don't really know why Crisp is what we need in CF. I'm not convinced he's that much of an upgrade over Redman. He's alright I guess, but he surely isn't anything special. An OF with C-Pat and Crisp has the potential to be even worse offensively than the OF we assembled this year.

Archived