Kevin Gregg just gained my respect

RyanW

Papelbon's quote when told what Gregg said was according to ESPN..."what do we have to whine about?"

Papelbon's answer was perfect.

Wining team, winning organization, great ownership and management. Not much to whine about.

Papelbon shd tell that to Ortiz, who I guess requests that he not be pitched hard inside in the future, please.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved every second of it. Gregg's postgame comments were spot on. And so were Brittons. I don't know if this brawl will magically heal Brian Roberts and Matusz. But at least some one on this team stood up for themselves. I'm tired of watching the birds laydown at every turn against these guys. Apparently the Sawx were pissed about Gregg's comments. Good! Let's show a little freaking heart!

Depends on whether what Gregg started sticks. Sounds like it just might. Best way to counter a butt whooping is to round up the wagons and yell defiance. Gregg might have just lit a new fire. I hated the Gregg signing, but now I am thankful. He has more fire then anyone else. He demonstrated it, got charged, defended himself, and poked an eye of the sox. Bravo. Take a clue Birds. Get mad, get even. Grow up kids, grow young Vlad, Lee. Just have passion. That is all we ask.

Will get mad / get even rally the bats produce clutchly? Only way I could see that is maybe it "loosens" up the tension that was building. Hope so.

Papelbon's quote when told what Gregg said was according to ESPN..."what do we have to whine about?"

Papelbon's answer was perfect.

Wining team, winning organization, great ownership and management. Not much to whine about.

They always whine... watch Paplebon and Beckett pitch.. Watch Pedroia and Papi hit. They whine more than any team in the league including the Evil Empire. They are a bunch of B!tches only topped by their B!tchy fan base.

They always whine... watch Paplebon and Beckett pitch.. Watch Pedroia and Papi hit. They whine more than any team in the league including the Evil Empire. They are a bunch of B!tches only topped by their B!tchy fan base.

This is true--even my Red Sox fan friends say so, especially about Beckett.

If not for the roster and service time issues and if I were in AM's shoes, I would call up Bridwell. Greg would start the game Bridwell would come in for Popi's first AB. The first pitch would be behind him at 97 everyone would get warned and the second one would be in his ribs. Bridwell could walk off the field a legend and he could tell everyone "see you guys in a couple years". Lackey would not be able to throw at anyone it would be the greatest thing I have seen in 14 years of watching the O's. But then again I am a football coach. ;)

Hope I didn't break any board rules but I am pumped up for once!:D

Hey, didn't J TREA suggest a while back that a brawl is what this team needs ??? From the responses of this board, it sounds like when it (the brawl) finally happened, many posters' complimenting of Gregg indicates that they agree. :scratchchinhmm:

I'm guessing it will hurt the Sox to lose Ortiz for 5 or 10 games a heck of a lot more than it will hurt the Orioles to lose Gregg.

Not to mention that Beckett may now have an injury to deal with. I don't make it a practice to root for someone to get hurt, but I make exceptions if they play for the Red Sox, Yankees, Steelers, or Penguins. :)

Hell Yes!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p_v9RUE2nrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived