What does Townsend have to do?

Traveler

I still get confused with all the comparisons, BABIP, w/k ratio, but I understand, you can hit or you can't, why not move him up to see how he does.

Yea, you probably do. You have to see what happens when he faces better pitching. With an ungodly K:BB ratio like he has it's likely he'll struggle, but the only way to see if he can adjust is to eventually promote him.

Yea, you probably do. You have to see what happens when he faces better pitching. With an ungodly K:BB ratio like he has it's likely he'll struggle, but the only way to see if he can adjust is to eventually promote him.

Promote him and see if he adjusts. Both Snyder and Adams improved their BB ratios as they moved up the ladder. If Townsend has it in him to similarly adapt, he could emerge as our best 1B prospect in some time - though that's not a high bar to clear.

Promote him and see if he adjusts. Both Snyder and Adams improved their BB ratios as they moved up the ladder. If Townsend has it in him to similarly adapt, he could emerge as our best 1B prospect in some time - though that's not a high bar to clear.

Snyder's K:BB ratio in A+: 3:1

Adams': not quite 2:1

Townsend's: 4:1, and 7:1 this year.

It's about time to let him try, but he's has significantly less control of the strike zone than the other two guys did at Frederick.

I played against Tyler in High School and a lot of my friends were on his team, and I have seen him play a ton in the minors. I have no data, nor do I know where to find it, but he continually lets stuff go by from just below the waist to the bottom of the strike zone and swings at stuff above the letters. If that can't be fixed that becomes an easier out as you move up.

Snyder's K:BB ratio in A+: 3:1

Adams': not quite 2:1

Townsend's: 4:1, and 7:1 this year.

It's about time to let him try, but he's has significantly less control of the strike zone than the other two guys did at Frederick.

Sure you can, one at 1B and one at DH, thats assuming both hit enough to play in Baltimore. Thats not looking too good right now.

That's one scenario, in Baltimore and in the future. I'm talking about Bowie. I'd think the org. wants them both playing first base somewhere.

Archived