Johnson is untouchable? O's refused to talk trade with several teams

TGO

I can't believe you guys. Jettison our top setup man when we are on the cusp of greatness?!?! Are you out of your collective minds?

Make sure to remind me about this thread when next season, we blow some big leads in the ALCS because we have Berken out there and not JJ and/or Koji. You guys are ridiculous. Clearly, you all don't appreciate his talent to this organization.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have NO doubts we'll "go after" Fielder. Just the same way we "went after" Tex and "went after" Konerko. Ie, we'll lowball him and then say "we had no chance." Truth is, we DO have no chance. Aside form us living in and around the Baltimore area who seem to love it for some reason, there is really little for Baltimore to offer free agents that they can't find somewhere else. I hate to spoil the show, but we ain't the only ones with an Inner Harbor people![/

Fielder will not come to a team that wins around 68 games. The O's will not pay him the money he would want . Hardy wants a three year or more contract. I think the O's want him to get a two year deal. We shall see what happens. Pitchers the O's could take a chance on are Millwood and Cook. They are not good but would come for basically nothing. They would not cost us anything in a trade.

I have NO doubts we'll "go after" Fielder. Just the same way we "went after" Tex and "went after" Konerko. Ie, we'll lowball him and then say "we had no chance." Truth is, we DO have no chance. Aside form us living in and around the Baltimore area who seem to love it for some reason, there is really little for Baltimore to offer free agents that they can't find somewhere else. I hate to spoil the show, but we ain't the only ones with an Inner Harbor people![/

Fielder will not come to a team that wins around 68 games. The O's will not pay him the money he would want . Hardy wants a three year or more contract. I think the O's want him to get a two year deal. We shall see what happens. Pitchers the O's could take a chance on are Millwood and Cook. They are not good but would come for basically nothing. They would not cost us anything in a trade.

Millwood and Cook. I feel nauseous. Why are they any better than Simon and Jaku?

Fielder recently came out and said he would DH for a contender, which means that he wants to fit onto a winner IMO. You do not leave the Brewers and the $20M per year they offered you over a 5 year period to play for the Orioles at this point. You take the money AND get to play for a winner in a place you really like. Fielder really hasn't been to Baltimore much I would imagine.

The Orioles are going to have to blow away Fielder, much like the Nats did to Werth, to get him to come here.

Anyone who believes the Orioles will do this is completely fooling themselves.

But there have been rumblings that the Orioles are going to go after him, SG! Rumblings!

Fielder recently came out and said he would DH for a contender, which means that he wants to fit onto a winner IMO. You do not leave the Brewers and the $20M per year they offered you over a 5 year period to play for the Orioles at this point. You take the money AND get to play for a winner in a place you really like. Fielder really hasn't been to Baltimore much I would imagine.

What winners need Fielder so badly they would pay him 6-7/160M+ ? Yankees need the DH open for ARoid and Jeter, Boston has AGonz, and will move Youk to DH when Ortiz is gone, Texas needs to spend on SP. Cubs, winners? Gnats, winners? Maybe Angels. How much will they pay, and what about Kendrey Morales and Trumbo? Arizona? Who else?

Archived