Dbacks looking for a starter and reliever

Sports Guy

I personally would prefer not to make a move for a AA 1st baseman with limited profile and two years at HR-friendly parks, but I don't feel strongly about it (haven't seen him in MiL game action so I'm going off of old looks and numbers). I'm going to pull some video on Goldschmidt and take a look this weekend as part of a write-up, but he doesn't really excite me.

I've seen Goldschmidt for three years and have argued with many about him, so you won't hurt my feelings at this point :)

I just have a gut feeling that bat will pull through, though he may be a .260 hitter in MLB.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally would prefer not to make a move for a AA 1st baseman with limited profile and two years at HR-friendly parks, but I don't feel strongly about it (haven't seen him in MiL game action so I'm going off of old looks and numbers). I'm going to pull some video on Goldschmidt and take a look this weekend as part of a write-up, but he doesn't really excite me.
You prefer Alonso to him? If you had your choice of Alonso, Blanks, Kila, Goldschmidt, or Singleton, who would you prefer?

I've seen Goldschmidt for three years and have argued with many about him, so you won't hurt my feelings at this point :)

I just have a gut feeling that bat will pull through, though he may be a .260 hitter in MLB.

You been making trips out to the west coast? :)

Yeah, I like Blanks a lot. I'd guess the Pads would want some good young pitching for him though. I don't see them having an interest in Guthrie or Koji. Not sure there's any match there.

I still believe a deal centered on Adam Jones/Blanks makes sense.

D'backs looking for a SP and RP-ing. Hmmm... How about a three team deal: Arrieta, Jim Johnson, RP Jose Ceda (from Marlins), RP Jhan Marinez (from Marlins) and Wynn Pelzer to the D'Backs... Josh Bell and Ryan Adams to the Marlins... and a PTBNL from the D'backs to the Orioles. Once the season is over... D'backs OF Justin Upton to the Orioles.

Ok, sorry... I am back to reality now.

Yep absoloutely. Doubt we do though. Even though we need pitching worse than anybody I might be looking to deal some guys that don't project but still might have some appeal. Maybe Tillman and Bergy. Do you think that would get us in a Blanks conversation at least?

If we could get a decent young SP along with Blanks I'd be all for that. Won't happen though. If you did a poll here on that trade, it would lose big, and I can only imagine how unpopular that idea would be in the Warehouse

Archived