And a different window closes

Gofannon

Yeah, I'm the one who's not being classy. I'm just telling it like it is. From the old racist guy, to you saying you hate corporate stadiums but want t visit Heinz field to you rants against Ray Lewis to El Gordo calling the Ravens the Cleveland Brownn, there's a ton of ignorance in this thread. I'm allowed an opinion just like you.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion..even if it's not classy. I guess I try and hold the admins of this site on a higher level, but I guess I might just have to get rid of that notion and things will be easier for everyone.

BTW, me hating corporate stadiums shouldn't negate me from wanting to go to one of the most passionate stadiums on the planet..should it? At least once. It definitely wouldn't be a regular occurrence.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, my opinion is this: If the playing field is level.... whatever.

I really don't think most people care that much to be honest with you. If Shawne Merriman somehow went on to set the career record for lifetime sacks, you could book his ticket to Canton.

I agree with this as well.

And I certainly agree that in baseball, the statistics angle is very important.

Still doesn't make it right to bash away for one sport and look the other way for the other, IMO.

And so you have less things to make them stand out from one another. And what makes Ravens stadium stand out is the fans, the location and the tailgating experience.

I agree that most NFL stadiums are boring when compared to baseball stadiums. But you're coming to that opinion by comparing NFL and MLB stadiums. By comparing just NFL stadiums, Ravens stadiums is one of the best stadiums in the NFL.

But you're arguing my opinion..which seems rather...you can fill in the blanks.

I don't like M&T Bank Stadium being it's a concrete jungle with a corporate name plastered over it. And there's nothing really creative about it. It's generic. What's wrong with those opinions? Just because "a lot" of NFL stadiums are corporate, concrete, and generic makes it okay for the Ravens? Ok.

The Ravens stadium has been corporate for all but 2 years of its existence at M&T: 98 it was Ravens Stadium at Camden Yards [AWESOME!] and in 2002 it was Ravens Stadium. Aside from that it was PSINet and M&T Bank.

I guess I try and hold the Ravens up to a different standard. They're a great organization. You'd expect them to have some sort of differentiated quality about them in regards to the stadium.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion..even if it's not classy. I guess I try and hold the admins of this site on a higher level, but I guess I might just have to get rid of that notion and things will be easier for everyone.

BTW, me hating corporate stadiums shouldn't negate me from wanting to go to one of the most passionate stadiums on the planet..should it? At least once. It definitely wouldn't be a regular occurrence.

Or you could stop being a little whiny baby and just realize you already made some questionable posts in this thread and have been called on it. I could care less whether you think I'm being "classy" or not. You are acting ridiculous in this thread.

Yup, we agree.

But it is kind of striking how people have this grave moral compass when it comes to MLB... provided of course that those are the same people who see 6 bottles of supplements in most NFL lockers and just figure that's par for the course.

Well count me as one who has that moral compass when it comes to baseball. As Sports Guy said, stats and records are more recognized in baseball and the guys who cheated made a mockery of those records. There is medical proof that steroids and HGH can help players recover quicker so I guess that's part of the reason why most people say them as a bit of necessary evil to watch their favorite players bang heads every Sunday.

Regardless, we agree that the NFL is basically an even playing field so in the end, things are fair.

Or you could stop being a little whiny baby and just realize you already made some questionable posts in this thread and have been called on it. I could care less whether you think I'm being "classy" or not. You are acting ridiculous in this thread.

Questionable posts? I'm sorry if I don't hold Ray Lewis on a pedestal like you. How is that questionable? Calling M&T Bank a concrete, corporate jungle that is generic is questionable? How? Saying I want to visit Heinz Field is questionable...how?

I mean, come on. At least have some bullets, Tony. Right now you're just shooting blanks.

But you're arguing my opinion..which seems rather...you can fill in the blanks.

I don't like M&T Bank Stadium being it's a concrete jungle with a corporate name plastered over it. And there's nothing really creative about it. It's generic. What's wrong with those opinions? Just because "a lot" of NFL stadiums are corporate, concrete, and generic makes it okay for the Ravens? Ok.

The Ravens stadium has been corporate for all but 2 years of its existence at M&T: 98 it was Ravens Stadium at Camden Yards [AWESOME!] and in 2002 it was Ravens Stadium. Aside from that it was PSINet and M&T Bank.

I guess I try and hold the Ravens up to a different standard. They're a great organization. You'd expect them to have some sort of differentiated quality about them in regards to the stadium.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you're making some contradictory statements that are making your opinion sound foolish.

You say that Ravens stadium is a corporate stadium yet you say you want to go to Heinz Field which has tons of Heinz stuff plastered all over it. A ketchup bottle explodes or whatever when the Steelers score a TD.

To bring this back to baseball, PNC Park is regularly called one of the best, if not THE best baseball stadium in the country. Does having a corporate name make it corporate despite the fact that it's been mostly empty since it was built? What if OPACY was called Legg Mason Stadium. Would that make it "corporate"?

I mean, in the end you are entitled to your opinion but be prepared to back it up when there are holes in it. I mean, a similar statement would be to say you don't like The Godfather because "it's just another mafia movie" but then admit that you really want to see Goodfellas.

:confused:

People clinging to the Colts or saying the Ravens are the Cleveland Browns - get over it already. The Colts have been gone almost 30 years - 30!. And as for the Ravens being the Browns... does that mean the Orioles are also the Browns? That the Redskins belong to Boston? That the Yankees, are, in fact, still Baltimore's team?

No history? The Ravens have the same number of Super Bowl trophies that the Colts have. You show me Unitas, Donovan, and Berry - I show you Lewis, Reed, and Ogden.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you're making some contradictory statements that are making your opinion sound foolish.

You say that Ravens stadium is a corporate stadium yet you say you want to go to Heinz Field which has tons of Heinz stuff plastered all over it. A ketchup bottle explodes or whatever when the Steelers score a TD.

To bring this back to baseball, PNC Park is regularly called one of the best, if not THE best baseball stadium in the country. Does having a corporate name make it corporate despite the fact that it's been mostly empty since it was built? What if OPACY was called Legg Mason Stadium. Would that make it "corporate"?

I mean, in the end you are entitled to your opinion but be prepared to back it up when there are holes in it. I mean, a similar statement would be to say you don't like The Godfather because "it's just another mafia movie" but then admit that you really want to see Goodfellas.

:confused:

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

I want to visit Heinz Field. Not because it's some modern wonder to creativity in the lack of creative NFL stadium world. I want to visit it for the passion..at least once. Of course it's a corporate stadium. I want to visit *every* MLB stadium, doesn't mean I'm going to like them.

Listen, I get it. You guys are Ravens fans and hold the stadium dear to heart. I'm a Ravens fan, and I do not. I have my opinion.

Now this is hilarious.

The same company built both Heinz Field and M&T Bank Stadium. Imagine that.

Aside from the teams playing in them, they are essentially the same stadium. Same rabid fan-base. Maybe you should visit the stadium to see how off-base your opinion really is.

Questionable posts? I'm sorry if I don't hold Ray Lewis on a pedestal like you. How is that questionable? Calling M&T Bank a concrete, corporate jungle that is generic is questionable? How? Saying I want to visit Heinz Field is questionable...how?

I mean, come on. At least have some bullets, Tony. Right now you're just shooting blanks.

See NMS' post. Either way, this conversation has run it's course and I've got better things to do than mix it up with someone who thinks saying that the NFL is full of "ghetto thugs" is not racist.

See NMS' post. Either way, this conversation has run it's course and I've got better things to do than mix it up with someone who thinks saying that the NFL is full of "ghetto thugs" is not racist.

It's only racist if you automatically think: ghetto = black. But keep on truckin', Tony.

Archived