Red Sox may trade for Bedard

Frobby

http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle-mariners/2011/7/28/2301723/latest-mlb-trade-rumors-2011-baseball-trade-deadline-erik-bedard-boston-red-sox

Ok, I know this arguably doesn't belong in the Orioles forum, but when our division rival is thinking of acquiring the only decent pitcher this team has produced in 15 years, I figure most posters would want to know.

If Bedard is healthy (he is coming off the DL and will start tomorrow), that's a great move for both clubs.

At least if the Sox win the World Series, there would be one good thing about it.

Then again...picturing Bedard in a Red Sox uniform is depressing.

Why? You wont have to watch him in the Red Sox uni very long. Heck he probably wont make 5 starts for them.

Oh, I dunno...he'll probably reel off 10 straight starts with a 2.50 ERA and 9k's per 9 innings. Win a couple important games down the stretch, totally regain his form and help them make a deep playoff run.

Just our luck.

All of this.

He will prolly pitch well for the next 6+ yrs and make the saux HOF.

Oh, I dunno...he'll probably reel off 10 straight starts with a 2.50 ERA and 9k's per 9 innings. Win a couple important games down the stretch, totally regain his form and help them make a deep playoff run.
Actually I hope you're right. Injuries aside, Erik had elite talent but has always been stuck on terrible teams.

Go getem Erik.

Have fun with the Boston media!
This. They will eat him alive up there.

I don't think so. He will be at the back end of their rotation. Nobody really goes over 5th starters. Does our media slam whatever attempt we through out there and call a 5th starter? He was the Ace here, he is no longer an ace.

Good for him though, hes pitched well enough in his career that he deserves a pennant race and a playoff start(s).

Archived