vs. YANKEES 7/29

OFFNY

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we end up with him next year. Talk about someone getting a raw deal from a lot of posters here!

I never disliked him like some seem to but he is too streaky for a team that desperately needs some consistency. Plus he is somewhat of a liability in LF, save for that amazing play he made against the wall a while back.

If he comes back I won't be upset about it but it just means to me that we were unsuccessful in the offseason.

Im sure he'll be back, he's the exact mediocre aging vet that we always sign.

Just to plead my case.... :D

The surgery IS a huge concern. But if healthy, no way I see him getting 8 mill in arbitration. People make so much about his streakiness... how is the season measured? You W-L record over 162 games. Luke put up a .900 OPS last year, injured this year. Who cares how he did it, it was a WHOLE year. If healthy I want that guy back.

Just to plead my case.... :D

The surgery IS a huge concern. But if healthy, no way I see him getting 8 mill in arbitration. People make so much about his streakiness... how is the season measured? You W-L record over 162 games. Luke put up a .900 OPS last year, injured this year. Who cares how he did it, it was a WHOLE year. If healthy I want that guy back.

Sure would improve the DH position.

Archived