Zreibec: Orioles close to trading Koji to RANGERS

SilentJames

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you think accounts for the huge divide between Davis' MiL and ML numbers at this point? Seems odd that he could hit .330+ at AA-AAA, but hasn't gotten over .250 since his 1/2 season debut in 2008.

Has big trouble with off-speed pitches and a long swing. Not too dissimilar from Shelley Duncan. ML pitchers are carving him up at this point. Hopefully he makes some adjustments, tightens things up some and gets his contact rate up to the point where his power can provide positive offensive value.

Honestly, I would have been happy with one of Hunter/Davis and a younger kid, but getting both seems "meh" for a very good relief arm. At the same time, if you get a solid #4 starter and a #6 hitter on the cheap, maybe that opens you up to make a bigger splash somewhere else.

With so much talent in that Rangers system, I'm surprised BAL didn't pry one higher upside kid from them.

Right now, I am satisfied with this trade, but I am waiting for SG to tell me how I really feel! :D

Haha, well I know he'll allude to Hunter's lack of K's, as well as Davis's poor OBP/K #'s, but given we got this in return for a 36 year old oft-injured reliever, I don't see him hating on it. As others have said, it's low-risk, high-reward. I'd be shocked if Hunter didn't become a valuable starter for us though.

Has big trouble with off-speed pitches and a long swing. Not too dissimilar from Shelley Duncan. ML pitchers are carving him up at this point. Hopefully he makes some adjustments, tightens things up some and gets his contact rate up to the point where his power can provide positive offensive value.

Honestly, I would have been happy with one of Hunter/Davis and a younger kid, but getting both seems "meh" for a very good relief arm. At the same time, if you get a solid #4 starter and a #6 hitter on the cheap, maybe that opens you up to make a bigger splash somewhere else.

With so much talent in that Rangers system, I'm surprised BAL didn't pry one higher upside kid from them.

Bingo. The DBacks gave up a good SS prospect for the likes of Jason Marquis.

I'm wondering if this was a quantity vs. quality type of deal.

Bingo. The DBacks gave up a good SS prospect for the likes of Jason Marquis.

I'm wondering if this was a quantity vs. quality type of deal.

Come on Trea - Koji is 36, has serious injury issues, and admittedly struggles in the heat. The fact that we got two guys who COULD be something is far from a bad trade.

Archived