Connolly: Lee to Pitt For 1B Aaron Baker

Remember The Alomar

I think Connolly might have the "hitter" part incorrect. I've been told RHP Victor Black might be the return. I could definitely be wrong, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is not confirmed. NL scout just told me he and Zack Dodson were targets.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Connolly might have the "hitter" part incorrect. I've been told RHP Victor Black might be the return. I could definitely be wrong, though.

At first glance that doesn't seem very exciting...

Out of curiosity, but where did he say that? Just scanned his twitter feed and unless I'm missing something all he did was retweet Connolly.

Edit: nevermind, I found it. Must be blind.

Dude, NEVER make a decision to put your eyes out until AFTER the Orioles game! You will always choose poorly.

Let him go? The guy's taken 6ish million dollars of Baltimore's money and produced next to nothing.

I'll pack his things and/or drive him to the airport if asked.

He's been a SOLID defensive first baseman all year and has gotten the job done with the bat too, so I don't want to hear any of this "he hasn't produced anything" crap. Yes his overall offensive numbers for the season aren't GREAT (but still serviceable), but he was just starting to figure things out and adjust to AL pitching after missing all of spring training. Not exactly an easy thing to do. This guy is a pro's pro and plays the game the right way, and yet people are just itching to get him out the door.:angryfire::angryfire:

He's been a SOLID defensive first baseman all year and has gotten the job done with the bat too, so I don't want to hear any of this "he hasn't produced anything" crap. Yes his overall offensive numbers for the season aren't GREAT (but still serviceable), but he was just starting to figure things out and adjust to AL pitching after missing all of spring training. Not exactly an easy thing to do. This guy is a pro's pro and plays the game the right way, and yet people are just itching to get him out the door.:angryfire::angryfire:

I hope you understand exactly why people are "itching to get him out the door."

Jorge Arangure says it'll be a low-A ball player. That means the West Virginia Power team. We may yet get a Gift. Read on Twitter it's not Grossman... no surprise.

He'd be the first major leaguer ever born on the continent of Africa, if he ever gets there. Africa is the only continent (besides Antarctica, of course) never to produce a major league baseball player.

Connolly:

The prospect is not expected to be a top prospect but is a hitter at the A ball level, a source confirmed. The Pirates are looking at Lee’s medicals before the deal is consummated.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2011/07/lee_to_pittsburgh_about_to_hap.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

He seems pretty adamant that it's a hitter, but I guess we'll see.

If $7.25M equates to a .3-.5 WAR than this team is going to be an expensive loser! You can think a guy is a professional and like how he goes about his business, but the Orioles just spent that kind of money on whatever prospect returns in the trade. You hear trade, I hear give away. If you are going to buy prospects than buy better ones!

I hope you understand exactly why people are "itching to get him out the door."

Yeah, he's old, he's declining, won't be around next time the O's are competitive, blah blah blah, I've heard all the standard arguments. But that is still no excuse to be giving him away for nothing.

Archived