Koji the Texas Ranger

O's are Legends

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of context alert?

Kojisan gave up one of those Jim Hunter "tack on runs" last night to the Tigers' Raburn and that run eventually was the deciding tally in a Texas loss. He did have a K however. Maybe Mark Connor can consult with him????

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_08_03_texmlb_detmlb_1&mode=box&c_id=bal

Oh, it was definitely in context. Hey, I am not a lawyer but I have a thought or two from various non profit experience if you chose to pm. Or email. Have a great day.

Koji and fellow Ranger relief pitcher Yoshinori Tateyama went to high school together. Ranger fans are calling them "The Deadly Duo from Osaka". I bet they're having a blast.
I am so happy for them. Not a great year for their country.

Koji and fellow Ranger relief pitcher Yoshinori Tateyama went to high school together. Ranger fans are calling them "The Deadly Duo from Osaka". I bet they're having a blast.

Ha, that's awesome. Very happy for Koji. That clip of him in the dugout all fired up is fantastic.

That's awesome. As much as Koji apparently liked Baltimore, it had to be a little difficult and isolating to not have any teammates who spoke his native language.

Ever since I read the thread title, I've been thinking I needed to write an homage to Koji to the tune of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer:

Koji the Texas Ranger

Only threw it eighty-eight

But if you ever saw him

You would know he's really great

All of the other pitchers

Joked 'bout his veloci-ties

That never bothered Koji

Cuz he only speaks Japanese

Then one frenzied playoff eve

The manager came to say,

Koji with your strikes so light,

won't you close this game tonight?