BASH BROTHERS PART DEUX has begun

tinamodotti

He has a very quick bat. I think for a bit, he may have been waiting on the offspeed junk they throw at him and using his quick wrists to go to the opposite field on a fastball. Like last night.

Yeah for a guy waiting for his pitches though I guess he needs to work on his recognition. Doesn't seem to command the strike zone so exceptionally well, would have liked to see more from him in that regard in his time in the minors so far this year. He's definitely interesting to watch for the moment though, at least something to watch for in games.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible !!! That 3-run opposite field home run that Davis just hit wasn't even a hard swing. He just flipped his arms at a high pitch with 2 strikes on him to try to make contact to get a sacrifice fly, and the ball sailed way over the left-field wall. :eektf:

Incredible !!! That 3-run opposite field home run that Davis just hit wasn't even a hard swing. He just flipped his arms at a high pitch with 2 strikes on him to try to make contact to get a sacrifice fly, and the ball sailed way over the left-field wall. :eektf:

Look, there's no question the guy has power. It's just a matter of how often he's going to swing and miss. He makes Reynolds look like Wade Boggs so far as making contact is concerned.

Look, there's no question the guy has power. It's just a matter of how often he's going to swing and miss. He makes Reynolds look like Wade Boggs so far as making contact is concerned.

Yet...somehow...he has a higher BA (.250 to .216) and a similar K% (33.3% to 31.4%).

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's strange that he seems to have more holes in his swing, but can still get more hits. :scratchchinhmm:

EDIT: Then again...Davis' .349 BABIP might have something to do with that. :laughlol:

I didn't say that he was a good contact hitter. I just said that his home run tonight was a monster shot from not even a full swing.

I don't agree. He looks like a better hitter to me. He just needs a little better pitch recognition. Reynolds has him beat in that category. I have a good feeling about Chris Davis longterm. Unfortunately, he may figure it out somewhere else...I hope not.

Archived