We have ourselves some OK positional players...

NewMarketSean

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see Angle as a 4th OF candidate, nothing more.

Reimold has botched his audition pretty badly and I think we probably need to look at the FA market to fill LF.

The FA market is pretty weak too.

Of course, getting Rasmus would have helped but why would you want that type of talent when it is being solid at 50 cents on the dollar? :rolleyes:

I see Angle as a 4th OF candidate, nothing more.

Reimold has botched his audition pretty badly and I think we probably need to look at the FA market to fill LF.

When do you see Hoes arriving in the majors and do you think he will be a starting LFer?

When do you see Hoes arriving in the majors and do you think he will be a starting LFer?

Honestly I don't think LJ is going to hit for enough power to be a LF and the O's are not in any position to wait for him to get here. They need to get legitimate players on the roster and let the young guys force their way onto the roster. The "heir apparent" philosophy has not worked here for 14 years!!

I don't think any of us were wrong about Bell.

The position you are taking is silly, and you should just cut your losses and stop. We could all come up with 25 examples of guys who looked bad for 30-50 PA and turned out to be good, or vice versa. There is nothing Matt Angle is going to do in that amount of time that is going to convince me of much. Eventually, he will be a guy whose OBP falls into the .310-.350 range. His SLG will be .350 tops. The first 30-50 PA aren't going to tell me where his OBP is eventually going to fall. In 50 PA, the difference between .310 and .350 is 2 times on base.

Honestly I don't think LJ is going to hit for enough power to be a LF and the O's are not in any position to wait for him to get here. They need to get legitimate players on the roster and let the young guys force their way onto the roster. The "heir apparent" philosophy has not worked here for 14 years!!

I think its more a question of if you have a player that is likely to make the majors in the O's management's judgement, how much do they spend to fill the void until he gets to the majors. One year contract? Do you trade something significant to get a leftfielder? Is Reimold/Angle enough of a bridge?

The O's have limited resources. They have several holes. Its a question of where and how those resources are spent.

Yep...If Hoes can't hack it at second and if he can't be a top level defender in CF, it seems to me that he is a good trade candidate and not someone who you wait on to hand him a job.

Archived