Heading to PNC Park Tomorrow

Oriology

...for a doubleheader of Pirates vs. Brewers...I'll get a good look at Prince for the O's next year :rolleyestf:. I think it rivals OPACY as one of the top ballparks in the game. Any other personal favorites around here?

Have fun. :) Hey, I looked it up, and you aren't far from Youngstown. I remember when they had 2 lightweight champions of the world simultaneously (Harry Arroyo and Ray Mancini). Shortly after Arroyo won the IBF title, Mancini was KO'd by Livingstone Bramble for his WBA Title. Arroyo kept the title for a little over a year before dropping a 15-round decision to Jimmy Paul.

...for a doubleheader of Pirates vs. Brewers...I'll get a good look at Prince for the O's next year :rolleyestf:. I think it rivals OPACY as one of the top ballparks in the game. Any other personal favorites around here?

Haven't been to PNC yet, but I'm trying to head up Labor Day. If you're ever in Denver and haven't been to Coors Field, I highly suggest you go. Beautiful stadium, and the views of the Rockies from the upper deck on the 1st base side or amazing.

PNC is gorgeous. You can get great seats for cheap a lot of nights as well, and especially for weekday day games.

I like the Nats stadium, and I am a big fan of the Dodgers ballpark. Its classic, nothing too fancy, and everything is accessible and close to the seats. No real bad seats in the house either.

PNC is gorgeous. You can get great seats for cheap a lot of nights as well, and especially for weekday day games.

I like the Nats stadium, and I am a big fan of the Dodgers ballpark. Its classic, nothing too fancy, and everything is accessible and close to the seats. No real bad seats in the house either.

Seriously, they had a deal where you got 50% off of lower reserve seats in LF/RF if you voted them as your second favorite team on the all-star ballot, and then a no-fees deal...sitting in RF lower reserve for $10 :cool:

Well, after seeing Prince go 0-8 with 3 K's, 1 BB, and a base-running gaffe in two games, I say we offer him no more than a minor league deal...dude sucks. :D

In 1941... Ted Williams entered the last day of the season, double header to be played. His average stood at like .39965 or something. Would round to .400 .

His manager gave him the option of taking the day off. Ted passed, played both games, went 6 for 8 and ended the year at .406.

Just sayin'.....

Many people like the open concourses that parks such as PNC, Coors, Nats Park, etc offer but they do have a drawback. Even during games which are not heavily attended its a real adventure moving around back there because most of them are very narrow. You get the feeling of being in a packed subway station sometimes, unlike at Camden Yards where when you get up to go grab a concession you can actually move around without having to dodge everyone else in your way.

Many people like the open concourses that parks such as PNC, Coors, Nats Park, etc offer but they do have a drawback. Even during games which are not heavily attended its a real adventure moving around back there because most of them are very narrow. You get the feeling of being in a packed subway station sometimes, unlike at Camden Yards where when you get up to go grab a concession you can actually move around without having to dodge everyone else in your way.

That's a very true statement. It's great being able to see the field while you're on the concourse, but I still love that feeling of anticipation at "older" ballparks of walking up the tunnel and seeing that green field for the first time. For as bad as the Orioles are, I still love that feeling every time I go to a game at Camden Yards.

That's a very true statement. It's great being able to see the field while you're on the concourse, but I still love that feeling of anticipation at "older" ballparks of walking up the tunnel and seeing that green field for the first time. For as bad as the Orioles are, I still love that feeling every time I go to a game at Camden Yards.

I couldn't agree more. There's nothing like riding up the escalators and just seeing little part of the field. It gets me every time I go.

Archived