Yay or Nay: Wearing Your Team's Gear...

Oriology

For some reason, I feel like it is only douchey when you are a Red Sox or Yankees fan. I can't stand seeing people wear those team colors any where except NY or Boston.

I wore Redskins jersey (Sean Taylor) to a Ravens/Browns game. Apparently, a lot of Ravens fans think it is douchey. It took me a while to get all of the ketchup, mustard, and beer stains our of the jersey after the game.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but if you don't like it when Yankees, Red Sox, or Steelers fans do it...why would you wear Orioles stuff to non-Orioles games? It seems like it's in the same vein, right?

I remember going to a Ravens/Steelers game...maybe in 2005. Maybe 2004. There was this guy who went in wearing a Lee Evans jersey. I couldn't stop laughing. It was a running joke between me and some of my friends for a while.

For what it's worth, I go to games between other teams in casual clothes...no Orioles stuff.

I don't mind it. I do wonder why people attend games in which they have no rooting interest. Especially since it's expensive.

You should come out to Oakland sometime. Free Parking Tuesdays. $2 Wednesdays. $12 value deck seats (includes $6 food voucher). Plus, you get the unique experience of watching a franchise die. Oh, and I wear my O's cap whenever I go (Only wear the hat, though, when the O's are playing, I'll go all decked out).

How do I do that when we are discussing the worst team in the AL?

What about people who discuss bad movies? Is someone saying Battlefield Earth is one of the worst movies of the last 50 years drawing negative attention to themselves or are they stating a very widely held opinion? How about bad restaurants?

You are failing to grasp this.

I don't see anything wrong with wearing your home teams gear to some random other game. Go represent. Free country.

I also like the movie Battlefield Earth. Was funny.

Archived