Adam Dunn to the bench

SammyBirdland

Dunn might be wishing he had a career sitting at a different type of bench.

"I find all American League pitchers guilty of obstruction of justice, contempt of court, and throwing that round thing way too fast and curvy when I'm not paying attention. I mean come on, how am I supposed to hit that."

Who knew?

Seriously.

No one predicted this.

There were some posters that did mention that last season he had 1)Increased strikeout rate 2)Decreased walk rate 3)Inflated BABIP all of which are signs he would regress.

The degree of decline has been nothing short of astounding.

Am I wrong in thinking this is just a horribly prolonged slump?

If he juiced himself until he got this huge contract then cleaned up thinking "I got my money, screw them" he belongs in jail. I mean, isn't that fraud?

Juicing seems unlikely these days. I was moderately on the Dunn bandwagon last season. Very fearful that he would be our 1Bman... but his offense! I posted this many times last winter...

HRs

And FULL seasons (except 2003) since 2002.

You just can't ignore that kind of offense. And at 31, you could reasonably expect SEVERAL more years of good production.

Well beyond any slump, or switching leagues or anything. With his dropoff this year, it's more like Lou Gehrig's disease than weaning him off steroids. There's just no comparison. :confused:

Archived